I need a scope for my new Tikka hmr

Major Sharpe

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:52, Walker570 said:

I have a Hawke Airmax 6-24 x 50 and find it covers everything from 20yrds to 200yrds extremely well. With the side wheel adjustment you can dial in on small partially obscured targets, eg squirrels with absolute clarity. Would not change it.

Is there much squirrel left after it gets hit with an HMR round?  Or is it mostly red mist?

1 minute ago, tweedledee said:

Great scopes but heavy.....

Good solid 30 mm tube, most 30 mm tube scopes are heavy, the Falcon is 750 g , your equivalent Hawke around 800g

A T 1x  is 2.6 kg so a combined weight with mod about 3.5 kg (7lb ish) should be manageable for most

9 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Is there much squirrel left after it gets hit with an HMR round?  Or is it mostly red mist?

It does open them up occasionally but the round allows me to take tree rats out to 200yrds down lengthy feed rides.

My CZ 17HMR isn't light but that makes it that much more stable.  The weight doesn't bother me and I have never considered it,  as in all situations I am in ambush and I have thin ropes down my high seats to pull up and let down my rifles safely.