2019 BASC Council Elections.

Kalahari

I am just back from my holidays and have had a look at the candidates for the current election. I am not sure who to vote for, but I must say I am very dubious about the way BASC is currently run! So my question is, why elect someone who has been on council before and therefore has had a hand in getting the organisation to its current position?

David

29 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

I am just back from my holidays and have had a look at the candidates for the current election. I am not sure who to vote for, but I must say I am very dubious about the way BASC is currently run! So my question is, why elect someone who has been on council before and therefore has had a hand in getting the organisation to its current position?

David

Ian Coghill....Real Wildfowler, (chairman of our Wildfowling club) lifelong sportsman....very capable former chairman of GWCT (for 8 years).......I've known him and shot with him in England, Scotland and Wales for over 35 years....a better friend to shooting you would struggle to find!

No previous re: BASC!

I am afraid that many people have been elected to BASC Council purely on their social media skills and have done nothing or very little for the association or its members .

I think Council could do with a new broom , not people who make a career of being a council member.

12 hours ago, Kalahari said:

So my question is, why elect someone who has been on council before and therefore has had a hand in getting the organisation to its current position?
David

Have I missed something, I personally thought BASC were in a good place recently. I do think there was a bit of a legacy and history (Swift and the next two) but that was some time ago and I thought they had left it behind?

2 minutes ago, Teal said:

Have I missed something, I personally thought BASC were in a good place recently. I do think there was a bit of a legacy and history, but that was some time ago and I thought they had left it behind?

That is how I see it too Teal, I have been very critical of them in the past, but the past is the past.....get the right people in and hopefully they will finally turn it into an organisation all shooters feel they can support! Shooting is under unprecedented attack from many quarters, we now, more than ever, need strong representation!