Clocks going forward

strimmer_13

19 minutes ago, itchy trigger said:

the normal hour and thirty five minute journey  only took sixty minutes this morning, is that down to the clocks changing, if so why, M6, M61, A6, were no way as busy as usual

everybody oversleep because of the hour?

I didn't oversleep but jist didn't have any motivation, but i found tge roads empty compared to normal. Maybe yhere been an april fool that ive not seen saying the roads are all closed. 

57 minutes ago, Teal said:

To be honest I'm looking forward to 2021 when the clock change is scrapped! But yes to the longer days and better weather - it really has been a very kind spring (and winter) in the SW.

Hmmm April the 1st ??? 

I was out until 8pm on the munty last night. It was beautiful if not freezing cold still tho. Seen 1 

6 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You think it would be wouldn't you. But no if the EU are still in control then the clock changes are going to be scrapped. 👎

personally I think not changing the clocks is a good idea and better for most people - personal preference is for BST.

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

personally I think not changing the clocks is a good idea and better for most people - personal preference is for BST.

It was trialled in 1968-71, and quickly repealed as a bad move.

One of the few times that Parliament did listen to the general public

On 01/04/2019 at 13:44, amateur said:

It was trialled in 1968-71, and quickly repealed as a bad move.

One of the few times that Parliament did listen to the general public

I remember it and it was flipping miserable.

There was no real advantage because it still got dark by 5pm so most people were still coming home from work and there was no opportunity to do anything in the evening.

In the morning it didn't get light until gone 9am so school kids were going to school in the dark and so many trades depending on the daylight couldn't get started until gone 9am.

If they do change it again then I'm sure it will quickly get repealled again because it was far worse than what we have now.