Scarpa Boots,

redial

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Have had a pair for over two years now; most comfortable boots I’ve owned. Have no idea which model they are, have just looked and all I can find on them is the name Scarpa, and a goretex badge. Sorry. 

Thanks for trying.

What do you want them to do? The fabric and suede ones are nice 3 season light boots and the leather ranger ones are great for that classic look and still perform well. They are a must try on boot as they are not as tight on quality as they used to be so you can get differences in the same size and style of boot so if they have more than one pair of the size you are after try them all and pick the ones that feel best. 

Go outdoors are on a price match war and will match the cheapest online price and knock a further 10% off, my other half saved £130 off a new winter jacket.

Full leather GTX or Ranger are ideal for shooting, walking a good 4 season boot, ive been out in -15 and feet of snow and been comfortable.  I have just bought a pair off cragman on PW,  these are my 4th pair of Scarpa, averaging 10years of wear each. They can be re-soled if your tops are in good condition for around £80, for me it was better to replace with a like for like. 

1 hour ago, rovercoupe said:

What do you want them to do? The fabric and suede ones are nice 3 season light boots and the leather ranger ones are great for that classic look and still perform well. They are a must try on boot as they are not as tight on quality as they used to be so you can get differences in the same size and style of boot so if they have more than one pair of the size you are after try them all and pick the ones that feel best. 

Go outdoors are on a price match war and will match the cheapest online price and knock a further 10% off, my other half saved £130 off a new winter jacket.

Beating, shooting, following hounds (on laid trails.)

Only had leather boots before, what are modern fabrics / suede like to clean after a hard day in mud etc.

Thanks.

If there getting covered in claggy mud then the leather boots are easier to clean as all the seams and edges trap mud, the leather boots get cleaned when still wet and the fabric ones I let dry then use a dry brush to clean most of the mud then wet them and scrub the remaining off so bit more of a faff but not too bad. Never had any issues with fabric or suede failing due to abuse. I have a pair of merrell boots that I have never cleaned or done anything to just to see if they could be killed by abuse and they have done 9 years left covered in mud every time I have been out and the only thing to go wrong is the sole is starring to come off!