Well feo been

Hudson12

Well folks the FEO has been and interview done.He asked about my criminal convictions and I explained them all and that I deeply regretted them ect.The wife sat in whilst we had a chat and he asked her questions regarding myself ect.He seemed to be happy enough and commented that I hadn’t t hidden anything in my application and answered all the questions satisfactory.My record will be held against me but one it was 15 years ago two I had been perfectly open about it I had was a hard working person with a nice home wife and family all this is in my favour but ultimately it isn t down to him he goes back and makes his report to his line manager who then adds comments and then the chief the says yey or nay.He did ask before he left did you install a cabinet to which I said yes we better have a look then save me coming back if you get it.Ill know within the month whether I’m successful or not I did ask him his thoughts on the matter and he said my opinion I’d say fifty fifty all the checks are done on you doctor formed ect before me coming if it was a definite no you wouldn’t of even got a visit best of luck with your   and a firm handshake and he was away fingers crossed folks and thank you to everyone who had commented on my previous posts ps he didn’t want a brew or a posh biscuit lol

13 hours ago, Hudson12 said:

Well folks the FEO has been and interview done.He asked about my criminal convictions and I explained them all and that I deeply regretted them ect.The wife sat in whilst we had a chat and he asked her questions regarding myself ect.He seemed to be happy enough and commented that I hadn’t t hidden anything in my application and answered all the questions satisfactory.My record will be held against me but one it was 15 years ago two I had been perfectly open about it I had was a hard working person with a nice home wife and family all this is in my favour but ultimately it isn t down to him he goes back and makes his report to his line manager who then adds comments and then the chief the says yey or nay.He did ask before he left did you install a cabinet to which I said yes we better have a look then save me coming back if you get it.Ill know within the month whether I’m successful or not I did ask him his thoughts on the matter and he said my opinion I’d say fifty fifty all the checks are done on you doctor formed ect before me coming if it was a definite no you wouldn’t of even got a visit best of luck with your   and a firm handshake and he was away fingers crossed folks and thank you to everyone who had commented on my previous posts ps he didn’t want a brew or a posh biscuit lol

If you are refused and a member of BASC, it would be worth contacting them requesting their support in an appeal!

If they do refuse you a license on the grounds of you got into a few fights over 15yrs ago that seems very very harsh, if you had a record of GBH I could understand a refusal, as for getting BASC to take on your case they will not fund it unless they are 99% sure of a win outcome if it goes to court.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

If they do refuse you a license on the grounds of you got into a few fights over 15yrs ago that seems very very harsh, if you had a record of GBH I could understand a refusal, as for getting BASC to take on your case they will not fund it unless they are 99% sure of a win outcome if it goes to court.

If the standard is a 99% chance of success, no case will ever reach court! And the insurance policy isn't worth the paper it's printed on!......I believe the usual legal expenses insurance "reasonable chance of success" level is 51% or over ?

Edited by panoma1

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

If the standard is a 99% chance of success, no case will ever reach court! And the insurance policy isn't worth the paper it's printed on!......I believe the usual legal expenses insurance "reasonable chance of success" level is 51% or over ?

Exactly it’s not worth the paper it’s written on, my understanding when I was a member, that it’s a law firm that takes on your case & it’s at there discretion if they take it on. Many BASC members think that when you have a problem with the firearms dep once you mention you are a BASC member the FLO will be trembling in his boots it’s simply not the case.

Edited by blackbird

I can tell you categorically that the '99%' claim is false, the details of the policy are on the web site here: https://basc.org.uk/join-basc/basc-members-insurance/ its correct that its the licencing team that make the decision to grant or not, the only time BASC can help is if the licencing team have acted wrongly. Sometimes this is due to poor communication or lack of clarity over some issues and BASC can and does help with this, and sometimes its where the refusal is wrong in law and the BASC legal expenses policy can, will, and has funded cases to go to course and been successful.

To the best of my knowledge Legal expenses insurance is covered by the financial (or is it insurance) ombudsmans office, if your claim is rejected by your insurer (or your broker?) I would think you could potentially complain there?

I'm sure David BASC could clarify?

Pretty much all insurance selling and administration is governed by the FSA, and the Ombudsman is there to help out, but as a last resort, if your insurance fails to pay in part or in full you should initially complain to the insurer, and give them first opportunity to sort it out, if that fails or you are not happy with the outcome, then you can go to the Ombudsman - https://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Basc did get in touch with the Met and they were not happy . Did not hear anything back from BASC so will wait and see if i get my ticket. Would be nice to see if  BASC did help and would help there case as well as so many members sem unhappy at this time. We all need to stick together and help each other.

9 hours ago, countryman said:

A friend of mine has just been in a similar situation, his application was turned down, he was arrested for being at the scene of a fight at a night club about four years ago.

the feo said if I was applying four or five years after the offences it possibly would t of got to the interview stage and if it did you’d of been refused but with it being over fifteen years ago that does stand me in a better light I genuinely am disgusted with my behaviour as a youngster and made this point clear with the guy it is embarrassing but sadly nothing I can do it’s in  the past and I can only look to the future how long can they punish me for 

I have an abh about 17 year ago and my feo told me I would get mine and that I could fit my cabinet so thought it was sown on ... now I have found out it’s got to go to the superintendent so emailed my feo and she told me not to worry as it’s all in her report and I will be fine it will just take longer... I’m not sure though with everything that’s gone on with gun and knife crime lately

19 hours ago, David BASC said:

Pretty much all insurance selling and administration is governed by the FSA, and the Ombudsman is there to help out, but as a last resort, if your insurance fails to pay in part or in full you should initially complain to the insurer, and give them first opportunity to sort it out, if that fails or you are not happy with the outcome, then you can go to the Ombudsman - https://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Whilst you're here, where's my renewal, you've banked my cheque, and who is/was DebbieBASC?

Thank you! :D:good:

19 minutes ago, David BASC said:

PM me you name and post code or membership number and I will look up you card.

Debbie is one of our press officers

Crumbs, that was quick, or was it divine intervention, my new membership card just arrived!

Thank you!