Renewal condition change .44

My renewal dropped on the mat yesterday, all good and they've upped my hold allowances as requested and left the three vacant slots I have which is all marvellous - weird thing is in the conditions they've conditioned my .44 for deer and AOLQ which I think is a bit unusual - I'm very much not an expert but is there a deer legal .44 round? I thought they didn't meet the power requirements of the deer act? Just to add I have no plan to do so as have .223 and .308 for deer but just curious.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Yes indeed, Marlin lever action - I've just never thought of crunching the numbers to see what the power actually is but previously it wasn't conditioned for deer, only AOLQ

Might be nice stalking with a little rifle but I'm not so good with the iron sights so would need to be standing next to it!

A lever would be fine, but if you are seriously considering it then look into the single shot options. Great break gun cartridge. 

Rick

They don't understand the subtle differences between calibres. They just see bigger bore size = more power.

Famous story in our club, almost a legend now, that one of our members who already had a .223 for fox was refused an application to add fox on for his .357 lever action because it was too powerful for fox 

19 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

They don't understand the subtle differences between calibres. They just see bigger bore size = more power.

Famous story in our club, almost a legend now, that one of our members who already had a .223 for fox was refused an application to add fox on for his .357 lever action because it was too powerful for fox 

Ah the old 'you can kill something too much' defence!