Sign in to follow this  
team tractor

Work and pleasure

Posted (edited)

A local letting agent rang me about some windows that needed boarding up but he needed the pigeons getting rid of first . 

I finished on 30 within an hour so I had a great time 😀

4C1C88E5-4F20-46B2-8552-0F7EB5FC8AAE.jpeg

3378A6E4-EF54-46DD-B3A3-110B5ABA1943.jpeg

46F62E22-CC88-41F8-8899-359904A9D198.jpeg

Edited by team tractor

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Amazing what you can do with a broken foot!

8 weeks in on that now . This was up 77 steps with 13 sheets of osb . Only had the one day off 

The pigeon in the last picture is white, I was told that shooting a white pigeon brings 5 years bad luck :crazy:…..have you shot any white pigeons in the past?

Many years ago I had the same job of clearing the pigeons in the Old Wembley Laundry building which was right beside the stadium, anyway I spent a few days and evenings shooting the feral pigeons using a BSA Meteor, I must have shot hundreds.

Got farm I go to shooting ferral pigeons he will not let me shoot the white one I don’t mind as they keep breeding finds me something to do when it’s raining.

Is the rifle a hw 97 k 

Perchance? 

And id be interested to know your cal of choice too please .? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, old'un said:

The pigeon in the last picture is white, I was told that shooting a white pigeon brings 5 years bad luck :crazy:…..have you shot any white pigeons in the past?

Plenty lol 😂 has 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Is the rifle a hw 97 k 

Perchance? 

And id be interested to know your cal of choice too please .? 

This is a walther lgu I picked up for £150 :) and a £20 bushnell scope on top. I love a bargain.

its .177 as I wanted to get back into field target a little bit more with the kiddies now they are older. I forgot how much fun an airrifle is after 5/6 years away from them . I think .22 might of been better in this case but the bsa super ten is poorly as it’s unfired for years now ( I inherited it when my mate died) 

Edited by team tractor

3 hours ago, butchdickason said:

Many years ago I had the same job of clearing the pigeons in the Old Wembley Laundry building which was right beside the stadium, anyway I spent a few days and evenings shooting the feral pigeons using a BSA Meteor, I must have shot hundreds.

So much fun isn’t it. I’m up to about 60 here

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Amazing what you can do with a broken foot!

They breed 'em tough at Tamuth .... at least he didn't fall down the 77 steps...not even one of them by account.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

They breed 'em tough at Tamuth .... at least he didn't fall down the 77 steps...not even one of them by account.

Cheers nev ;)  theirs still time to fall 77 concrete steps next time I visit lol. 

Maybe after the wedding tho ???