Local Election choices early May

JRDS

Same here everyone of them in my Village are only up for the chance to claim expenses.Its probably easier than trying to claim benefits. 

Hope I've got the hose out washing the car when the scum come knocking for votes.

Edited by Davyo

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But its not a GE, are you not bothered what happens in your local area?

They are all lying about getting a pot hole. filled in mate.The very same pot they are all trying to claim the credit for getting fixed.Its still there, when filling in potholes is more creditable than sorting crime what's the point.

Having a look at the Durham County Council councillors expenditure sheets make you want to puke.Once elected you never see them ever.Oh unless you look in the local bookies or Social Club.

Then further up the chain you have the leader of Durham CC who wiped out 4m debt for Durham County Cricket Club.The very same scumbag who has a private box in that big fancy ground at Chesterlee Street. Local councilors lining there pockets with on average  end of year13k expenses sheets.While all our schools are losing vital support staff who after 24 yrs service are being made redundant (minimum redundancy) Which is less than the average expense sheet for a local councillor  

Edited by Davyo

59 minutes ago, Davyo said:

They are all lying about getting a pot hole. filled in mate.The very same pot they are all trying to claim the credit for getting fixed.Its still there, when filling in potholes is more creditable than sorting crime what's the point.

Having a look at the Durham County Council councillors expenditure sheets make you want to puke.Once elected you never see them ever.Oh unless you look in the local bookies or Social Club.

Then further up the chain you have the leader of Durham CC who wiped out 4m debt for Durham County Cricket Club.The very same scumbag who has a private box in that big fancy ground at Chesterlee Street. Local councilors lining there pockets with on average  end of year13k expenses sheets.While all our schools are losing vital support staff who after 24 yrs service are being made redundant (minimum redundancy) Which is less than the average expense sheet for a local councillor  

I know what you mean, problem is when we don't vote its just a smaller turn out surely?

Have to say I'm quite happy with most things in my area, schools could do with a better budget but that's probably the same everywhere, can't say everything is perfect but I'm sure it could be worse.

I have found over the years the biggest problem with local government is the waste of money on "vanity schemes" instigated by senior councilors for"the good of the people" but of little real local use and more "look at me" by the instigators.  Whilst these cover all parties they are more prevalent in the "left leaning".

20 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

I have found over the years the biggest problem with local government is the waste of money on "vanity schemes" instigated by senior councilors for"the good of the people" but of little real local use and more "look at me" by the instigators.  Whilst these cover all parties they are more prevalent in the "left leaning".

This, as in the ridiculous roundabouts in Poynton, where they used setts on the edges of the footpaths/ roads, roads that have large class 1 hgv's  trundling along them and taking quite tight turns on the roundabouts. This has resulted in them having repair work done every single month since initially being laid a couple of years ago, total waste of money.

11 minutes ago, scobydog said:

This, as in the ridiculous roundabouts in Poynton, where they used setts on the edges of the footpaths/ roads, roads that have large class 1 hgv's  trundling along them and taking quite tight turns on the roundabouts. This has resulted in them having repair work done every single month since initially being laid a couple of years ago, total waste of money.

Ah yes - the "shared access" scheme that all but the council think is a total disaster.  Far from making it safer for pedestrians it is a risk to life and limb with cars and lorries not knowing their bounds and "cyclepaths" hurtling up the so callad "pavement areas".   Typical exampole of "vanity project."

5 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Draw a box, write Brexit next to it, put a cross in, spoil your vote. Tell your friends to do the same. 

Save yourself the fuel and shoe leather stay at home. The count does not even look at spoilt papers.

14 minutes ago, mick miller said:

When you realise that your vote is meaningless anyway, some things you simply do for self satisfaction. 

😀

I emailed the PM last night. It won’t make any difference and I doubt she’ll see it and I won’t receive a reply, but at least now she or they or someone knows exactly what I think ( within the restrictions that a firearms owner can express ) of her and her cabinet; the deceit and duplicity they have employed, and that I will never vote Tory again, if I indeed vote at all. 

My local election form has been returned, with ‘no longer needed’ scrawled across it. It’s the only outlet I have as a law abiding person. Won’t make a ***** bit of difference, but it’s all I have.

Edited by Scully

hello, never see the  candidates in Abingdon town all they do is push lots of leaflets through the door, scobydog a similar situation accured in Town a few years back with the high street pavements, i now call it the rockery ??, oh who do i go a see to get copies of local councillors  expenses ???? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

The only door knocker we get is 1 of Corbyn,s commie fag pinko subversives ,to quote Robin Williams and i,m not letting those toads anywhere near my council tax.TBH their all troughsnouters and have no more right to live on God,s earth than a diseased slug

.Never see a Tory or Lib Dum at the door and our illustrious M,P is Andrew Bridgen <say no more i,l get banned >What chance have we got for some one who is genuine and cares about the local area 

5 hours ago, firdom said:

Am i right in thinking To vote you don't have to show ID or your card so what is to stop people who know someone who is not voting  going back later in the day and voting again ridiculous system 

Are you joking? Have you ever voted before? 

5 hours ago, firdom said:

Am i right in thinking To vote you don't have to show ID or your card so what is to stop people who know someone who is not voting  going back later in the day and voting again ridiculous system 

Your name and ward is taken by those on duty and ticked off the register. If your name isn't on that register, then no, you can't vote at all, never mind twice. 

25 minutes ago, firdom said:

What i'm saying is if i vote this morning  and i know my mate is not going to vote whats stopping me going back in the afternoon and voting in his name ? just seems that this could happen

Ah, with you. Nothing I suppose, if no one knows you. 🙂

I don't know if we have local elections here (Northants) this time. If we do, I won't bother - we have reached the ludicrous situation of having a bankrupt County Council, that recently voted itself out of existence ! As a result, our local councils are being merged and redefined into 2 new unitary authorities, thus diluting 'local' democracy.

The local issues in our rural area are not the same as those in the urban areas, which will dominate the new councils.........and their spending !

10 hours ago, Scully said:

😀

I emailed the PM last night. It won’t make any difference and I doubt she’ll see it and I won’t receive a reply, but at least now she or they or someone knows exactly what I think ( within the restrictions that a firearms owner can express ) of her and her cabinet; the deceit and duplicity they have employed, and that I will never vote Tory again, if I indeed vote at all. 

My local election form has been returned, with ‘no longer needed’ scrawled across it. It’s the only outlet I have as a law abiding person. Won’t make a ***** bit of difference, but it’s all I have.

Many feel the same BUT we must channel what means we have in this supposed democracy and  make them pay heavily for the treachery and deceit that they have shown to us all .

Hopefully someone/anyone gives us a focus for a protest vote in whatever elections can be targeted.