Danny Rose and Football!

panoma1

Danny Rose has stated he can't wait to see the back of football!...........because he has been called names by the crowd!..... He currently receives £1,120, 000 basic, per annum in wages, what a ******* insult to those that work long hours in **** conditions, for carp wages and still struggle to support themselves and their family!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar vein to the black lad getting in a state  because there was some racist chants from the crowd the other day. It's not right and shouldn't be condoned but if I was a multimillionaire going home to my super model girlfriend, in my mansion to sleep on my mountain of money, I'm pretty sure I could tolerate a little bit I'd verbal abuse. 

5 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

In a similar vein to the black lad getting in a state  because there was some racist chants from the crowd the other day. It's not right and shouldn't be condoned but if I was a multimillionaire going home to my super model girlfriend, in my mansion to sleep on my mountain of money, I'm pretty sure I could tolerate a little bit I'd verbal abuse. 

Stick and stones, versus Money!!!!

exactly the reason I gave up on football watching and coaching , over paid pre maddonas fall around like little girls , they should look at proper sportsmen /women , some of who have to pay for what they do Christian Iddon bsb last season raced 3 races at one meeting with a broken collar so he could try and get into the end of season showdown on a 200+bhp super bike

Sorry, but I can't see the problem here. Has he said it's not worth the money? no. Has he said that he's not going to try his best? no. He's just being honest with the fact that, right now, the racism is making him hate his job. In any company or business a proven instance of racism results in at the very least formal warning and probably suspension/sacking. But punishment in football laughable. 

And to be fair he is tolerating it. He's not refusing to play until action is taken, nor is he quitting the game - which would be not tolerating it and would probably get accusations of running away. Instead he's spoken up and uses his high profile status to push people into action. It's not just about the treatment he gets, it's about the racist culture in football and that runs beyond the elite levels and into amateur and junior levels. 

As Raja says, he could have chosen better words and the comment about fines and his nights out aren't needed, and yes they're overpaid, there's diving on the field and feigning injuries, but surely we can all get behind racism being bad and should be stamped out wherever it is? If you say footballers aren't allowed to be honest about what the racism is like in football, who is going to be?

10 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Sorry, but I can't see the problem here. Has he said it's not worth the money? no. Has he said that he's not going to try his best? no. He's just being honest with the fact that, right now, the racism is making him hate his job. In any company or business a proven instance of racism results in at the very least formal warning and probably suspension/sacking. But punishment in football laughable. 

And to be fair he is tolerating it. He's not refusing to play until action is taken, nor is he quitting the game - which would be not tolerating it and would probably get accusations of running away. Instead he's spoken up and uses his high profile status to push people into action. It's not just about the treatment he gets, it's about the racist culture in football and that runs beyond the elite levels and into amateur and junior levels. 

As Raja says, he could have chosen better words and the comment about fines and his nights out aren't needed, and yes they're overpaid, there's diving on the field and feigning injuries, but surely we can all get behind racism being bad and should be stamped out wherever it is? If you say footballers aren't allowed to be honest about what the racism is like in football, who is going to be?

if he hates his job so much then why doesn't he give up now,he's not going to struggle for money is he:good:

Er...because he's at the peak of his career - and that's make the racists win. Also, as I said he probably doesn't want accusations of running away. He's getting enough stick on here over what people are saying is just a bit of name calling, imagine the flak he'd get if he he quit because of it.

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Good post. I'm not a football fan as I think most are overpaid and a bunch of wussies, but why that means he should put up or accept racial abuse ( or any other kind ) is puzzling. 

One of the highlights of my football memories was when Cantona drop kicked the fan who chanted something abusive about his mother from the stand! 😀 Brilliant! He no doubt thought he were safe in the crowd, but he wasn't too keen when confronted; what a bell end. 

I have a teenaged son who played in the Westmorland league throughout his school years and can honestly say I've never heard abuse anywhere else compared to the extent of that during football matches. When confronted the vast vast majority are chicken poop. Stamp it out and do it hard. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I have a teenaged son who played in the Westmorland league throughout his school years and can honestly say I've never heard abuse anywhere else compared to the extent of that during football matches. When confronted the vast vast majority are chicken poop. Stamp it out and do it hard. 

On this vein, the route I walk the dog it takes me across the local sports field. In summer it is relatively quiet with little shouting and no abuse on both Saturdays and Sundays. In winter it is user by the village football club with under 12's, over 12's and adult.  The under 12's whilst loud the shouting tends not to be abusive but for the other matches there is what I find excessive loud abuse, that at the afternoon adult matches is also frequently obscene in nature.  Having worked in construction for most of my working life I am no prude when it comes to language but I find the level abuse used to be offensive, particularly when you consider the senior pitch is adjacent (2m) to the under 10's play area and 30m to old folks bungalows.

Why is it necessary with football?

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

+1

Are people really saying his high salary includes a premium to tolerate abuse. At what point on the salary scale does abuse not get included in the remuneration package?

Also, it’s hardly his fault he gets paid so much. Is he supposed to turn down the money because kicking a ball isn’t worth that amount? If you have a problem with footballers’ salaries, moan at sky sports subscribers and people who buy tickets not the footballers.

Many, many people at work (including those that do very menial and low paid jobs) suffer bullying, coercion, intimidation, descrimination, name calling, etc from co workers and management, to the point they become ill and sometimes take their own life..........they suffer it because to complain would probably cost them their livelihood.........I doubt a footballer suffering name calling from individuals in the crowd is under the same mental pressure, his livelihood isn't at risk if he speaks out, and his health and his life isn't at risk if he suffers it in silence.

But then again the mistreatment, bullying and name calling of people in the work environment is not illegal..........unless they fit into a category that ends in 'ism

9 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Many, many people at work (including those that do very menial and low paid jobs) suffer bullying, coercion, intimidation, descrimination, name calling, etc from co workers and management, to the point they become ill and sometimes take their own life..........they suffer it because to complain would probably cost them their livelihood.........I doubt a footballer suffering name calling from individuals in the crowd is under the same mental pressure, his livelihood isn't at risk if he speaks out, and his health and his life isn't at risk if he suffers it in silence.

But then again the mistreatment, bullying and name calling of people in the work environment is not illegal..........unless they fit into a category that ends in 'ism

:good:

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Very true. But that doesn’t make it right or acceptable, or that it should be tolerated. 

43 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I'll gladly take that salary, and you can call me what the hell you want.  And one think I will promise, i won't  call you names back. 

Me too. If I were the footballer I’d carry a copy of my contract and enlarge the part which shows my salary, and show it to the crowd each time I was called a name. 😀

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

Very true. But that doesn’t make it right or acceptable, or that it should be tolerated. 

I wasn't saying it was acceptable, I was saying that many people suffer worse torment off others in their lives, however they do not qualify for legal protection because their mistreatment is not illegal in the way anything ending with 'ist' is.

Genuine equality and equal treatment does not mean treating anyone more or less favourably than anyone else!

37 minutes ago, Scully said:

Me too. If I were the footballer I’d carry a copy of my contract and enlarge the part which shows my salary, and show it to the crowd each time I was called a name. 😀

Like plod holding up £10 notes to the striking miners on picket lines, laughing and thanking them for the overtime, when the miners families were skint and desperate.........just to provoke them!.......and it certainly worked!

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Genuine equality and equal treatment does not mean treating anyone more or less favourably than anyone else!

And here in lies the crux of current problems where certain groups believe they should get special treatment rather than true equality.

2 hours ago, The gouse said:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/factual/out-of-their-skin-itv/5134779.article

Did no one watch what them players had to go through with all the death threats. Watch it then tell me what them players went through was justified weather they earn £5000 a year our 1M a year. 

When a schoolboy of about 14 years old, my school team (of which I played inside right!) played a visiting Italian school team, they spat at us, issued death threats, threatened to stab one of our players....and were very "physical"!........that was in the early sixties.....we still stuffed em!....and took the **** out of em afterwards!

Football was a man's game..........things like that happen, always have..........no mileage in whining and getting all precious about it!...........it  likely just makes matters worse!

I don't condone these racist chants   

but he is happy to take the wages and continue to keep playing.

I've witnessed NHS staff receive racist abuse, they can't down tools and walk off. Which is going to happen on a football field soon.  

Edited by redial
Error

Racist chanting and targeted racial abuse is despicable and should not be tolerated.

To suggest that because the person abused is highly paid he should have to put up with it is idiotic, and speaks volumes about the people who suggest it.

18 hours ago, Scully said:

Good post. I'm not a football fan as I think most are overpaid and a bunch of wussies, but why that means he should put up or accept racial abuse ( or any other kind ) is puzzling. 

One of the highlights of my football memories was when Cantona drop kicked the fan who chanted something abusive about his mother from the stand! 😀 Brilliant! He no doubt thought he were safe in the crowd, but he wasn't too keen when confronted; what a bell end. 

^^^^^^ This I hate footy but I hate racism more. Stamp it out throw them out do whatever it takes. It should not be down to the players what are the organisers doing? 

As an aside it allways amazes me the difference between a football crowd and a rugby crowd. 

22 minutes ago, oisin og said:

Racist chanting and targeted racial abuse is despicable and should not be tolerated.

To suggest that because the person abused is highly paid he should have to put up with it is idiotic, and speaks volumes about the people who suggest it.

Have to agree.

No need for it- we know it goes on and always has, does not make it acceptable on any level.

Once again there is a bit of green eye going on as it always seems to reference ones Salary, so is it not acceptable if you play for free but , man up if your being paid for it!!!!!

15 hours ago, panoma1 said:

As you say many people will be bullied or worse , so a high profile footballer definitely should be using his status to try and stamp the abuse out, I've been to three football games and been amazed at the things shouted, you do that at a rugby game and your getting kicked out.

As for your final comment yes it is illegal, you should not be bullied or called names or mistreated in the work place, problem is some people will accept it to keep a job.