Beretta 692 Warranty ?

C9smw

GMK really are a waste of time. I collected my gun this morning after GMK refused to fix it under warranty and were so secretive over the cost of repair that after 3 days I still couldn’t get a figure from them. 

There is now a small fresh scratch to the blacking near where the barrels meet the receiver, one of the ejectors flew across the room when I opened the box and I am now missing the outer cardboard box. The scratch doesn’t matter to much as I am having the barrels re blackened at my own expenses but it just shows how much care they had taken with my gun ! I wouldn’t trust them with a plastic toy gun after this

You have my sympathy. It it helps you're far from the 1st customer to be kicked into the long grass by them. What's really sad is that Beretta, in holding 60% of GMK, effectively owns them.

About 12 years ago Beretta had 68% of the market for new shotguns. Shortly thereafter their quality control nosedived, perhaps due to the bean counters stepping in - I don't know - but that and the failure to sort certain issues such as the ejector problems and the pitiful customer service record of GMK has cost them dear. I doubt if they have half the market share they once had.

• 2 months later...

Just an update. I’ve had the barrels redone at my own expense, they are ready today. 

The gunsmith I used told me that when he started to rub them down to remove the original blacking there was evidence of rust under the blacking. So this was obviously a manufacturing fault from new. 

I have emailed GMK but no response so far !

Thanks for the update. You've been poorly served by GMK but if it's any consolation you're far from alone.

There are 1 or 2 massive Beretta fans on here who haven't chipped in with their usual "Beretta makes the best guns and GMK have always been wonderful to me" type posts so I presume everyone is finding out that Beretta is going backwards in terms of design integrity and quality and their backup and customer service through GMK is probably the worst in the industry.

Considering how much  competition Beretta faces these days from Browning/Miroku, Blaser, Guerini, Zoli, B Rizzini and 1 or 2 others I would have thought they'd be keen to fix your issue promptly and courteously with perhaps a free hat or gunslip thrown in for your trouble. So C9, after this sorry episode, would you ever buy another new Beretta?

Edited by Westward

I think I probably would Westward, but doubt I would buy new again, at least paying less for a used one would leave money left over to have a service and check over to make sure everything is right. And now I have a good local to me contact for blacking I wouldn’t be worried about buying a marked one any more

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 18:57, C9smw said:

I think I probably would Westward, but doubt I would buy new again, at least paying less for a used one would leave money left over to have a service and check over to make sure everything is right. And now I have a good local to me contact for blacking I wouldn’t be worried about buying a marked one any more

What sort of cost for redoing the barrels?

On 01/08/2019 at 10:26, yorkkie said:

What sort of cost for redoing the barrels?

£80. 

Gotta say, I’ve been out the last couple of weekends and the 692 is ace, My scores have improved massively compared to my B725, had a bit of grief with GMK but all is good now