Grand national what yer backing?

johnnythefox70

Only ever partaken in sweep stakes for horse racing, nearly got sucked into greyhound racing when I was a kid but soon worked out it's a mugs game.

I know two brothers who are full time gamblers, the elder one is smart and does well, the younger one not so smart and followed his brother as he figured it was the easy life - two divorces and house repossessions later he's pretty much on his knees - sad. End of sermon.

I Don’t think Jonny is planning on putting his house on a tip! I rarely have a flutter but like to pick one for the national (though rarely the right one) my choice this year is lake view lad. Wish me luck! May be having to send the grandchildren up the chimneys if I lose 😂

Wife had third place, then one fell jury duty and not sure where the other came she backed.

Shame about the horse that had to be put to sleep after falling at the first fence, could see it's legs going trying but not getting off its side.

52 minutes ago, figgy said:

Wife had third place, then one fell jury duty and not sure where the other came she backed.

Shame about the horse that had to be put to sleep after falling at the first fence, could see it's legs going trying but not getting off its side.

yes its never nice, but unfortunately happens.

we picked horses, kids got 4th and 5th daughter liked the name, lad liked the colours, mine and the wifes didn't finish.

kids thought it was very funny that they did best.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

He was kicking because he was dead. The horse behind him kicked him in the head and essentially poleaxed him. Could have happened in any race any time. I've known horses slip in the field messing about and hit their head off a stone or root and kill themselves. Its unfortunate and unpleasant but if you've got livestock you'll have dead stock. 

Nice to see tiger roll win and make history.