moving

24 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I asked simalar regarding shot guns and my fao said they could be lent out to a friend with a certificate and room in his cabinet 

The only problem there, is that (legally) they can only be lent out for a maximum of 72 hrs. And that only applies to shotguns.

Pal of mine kept his in my cabinet for a couple of yrs back along, but for different reasons. Our FEO suggested he put them on a pals licence who had space in their cabinet or else they would 'take care' of them. 

Got them signed onto my ticket and later signed them back to him. Just notified the FEO when they went back to his licence. 

Edited by Jbob

2 hours ago, Jbob said:

Got them signed onto my ticket and later signed them back to him. Just notified the FEO when they went back to his licence. 

This is the correct way, unless using 72 hr rule.
Just make sure you notify at the beginning and at the end too.

7 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

This may sound daft but 72hrs from when

72 hours after you hand them over , shotguns only.

Simply extending the 72 hours , after the first lot has elapsed is asking for trouble.

Edited by Rewulf

I don’t understand this discussion the risk you take by not following the rules is your shooting for life. They can go temporarily to another certificate holder for up to 72 hours. After that you both have to notify your FO. In your case put them with a freind on their certificate or with an RFD and notify the FO. Move house, get your cabinets in place, get your guns back and notify the FO.

36 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

I don’t understand this discussion the risk you take by not following the rules is your shooting for life. They can go temporarily to another certificate holder for up to 72 hours. After that you both have to notify your FO. In your case put them with a freind on their certificate or with an RFD and notify the FO. Move house, get your cabinets in place, get your guns back and notify the FO.

Totally agree.

10 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

I’m new to this so was asking for clarity on the 72hrs from experienced guns

12 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

If you read back, theres only one person who is talking about abusing the  72 hr rule.

I said early on that he needs to swap them over properly, and as the OP never clarified whether they were sec 1 or 2 , then theres possibly no application of it anyway ?

On 08/04/2019 at 12:01, Rewulf said:

Just make sure you notify at the beginning and at the end too.

This is true. Notify the FEO at the start and end of the period your hold your mates gun for. I my case it was the police who put them on my licence. We just had to notify them when I gave them back (when he got his ticket back :whistling:)