Two Fields

muncher

Friday is the day I normally start to think about pigeons for the weekend,and I hadn't seen any only on fields that IĀ  have permission on. I noticed two separate rape fields about two miles apart that had several feeding on them. One field I know the farmer and he always has said no, and the other field took several phone call and door knocking to find the owner,and low and behold another farmer who has told me no! Well nothing chanced nothing gained, so I contacted both one by text the other a voicemail,I didn't hold out much hope. Later that evening both got back to me and said yes please. The next morning me old mucker Motty and I set up on the first field and put up a good amount of birds with several still arriving. Several plastics and two on the rotary with our backs to a empty paddock. Fist birds came in a stayed wide this continues for a bit so we rejig the pattern,and add another rotary,still not committing properly. Take the rotary's down and put floaters and Angels out,still no joy. So I put another hide out in the crop this helps a bit but it's hard work. The trouble is there are a lot of pigeons coming to this mowed crop but we decided to move to the other field we picked 30 up. The next field is also short and we put up at least 150 pigeons of, we decided to go light as we have to walk a fair way. We set up with just two on the rotary with our backs to the wind near a hedge. The first bird is straight in, we slowly build a pattern and the birds decoy a lot better and we keep the bag building,at 4 o'clock most birds have seen our set up and we decided to pick up, we lost a few as we didn't take the dogs but we picked another 40 so 70 for the day on fields I never believed I would be aloud to shoot. I have messaged both farmers and both said please come again.šŸ˜€

Just goes to show if you call on the farmer at the right time when pigeons are causing a problem the chances of getting the go ahead can be greatly improved . Well done for securing it .

70 was a good day on rape with drilling's still going on in your area , when I had a little go during the week I balanced my flocked shell's on top of the rape stalks with the magnet on extended arms in the taller plants , what came in came in a treat , but sadly not that many and it seem as soon as you just break into double figures the afternoon as far as shooting goes draws to a close .