Rained off

dad

Wetuesday went to look at the drilled barley again not a pigeon on it only 20 jackdaws and a large flock of fieldfares 3days since we last looked and most of surface barley was gone but still plenty in the cracks so the pigeons hadnt been and gone so we decided to drive back out to the beans on the new perm again on the way it started to rain and looked set in for the rest of the day so we went home Wednesday forecast was worse with the addition of thunder storms so decided not to go out and told the missus I would take her for lunch needless to say Wednesday was brilliant not a spot of rain but I got brownie points. Went straight to the beans on thursday there by 10.30 nothing on them we watched for 45mins because we have left too soon before, we then went to the rape and found hundreds in the plantation at one end but nothing down feeding so we pushed them out and they all went back to the village but noticed some went down in a corner near the village so we put a scarecrow there and lazely neverbothered with the rest of the bottom end. I set up the far end near the plantation where the rape is only inches tall with a strong wind in my face  a rotary and 8 on cradles was put out and birds were coming as I was getting into the hide most were coming from behind and difficult to shoot as I couldnt see them coming they would appear all of a sudden and overshoot my pattern and be out of range some came up from the village on my right and swung in front and were dealt with but the rotay was that side and spooked too many off as they got close to it so I moved it eventually to the other side but it made little difference I even turned it off that was worse this spot is the only place to shoot this field from and I have shot here every week since mid feb eventually I paid the price for my earlier lazyness and they all started going down at the village end I packed up 4pm with 42in the bag.

1 hour ago, pigeon controller said:

It's amazing that they are still in the area after so much attention but you managed to get them in the end well done.

I think there is still another couple of weeks there the rape is only a couple of inches high near the plantation end and the village end and after that i think we could stand in the plantation.