Trapline Mole traps

Rim Fire

Just to let you know, I have 4 of them.Would not buy them again

Bought them as I like trying different traps and my nephew brought them over from America. You can get them in this country now.

They are fiddly to set, get tangled in each other if stored together and one has broken, and quite expensive. If like me you like trying different traps give them a go, I have caught in them but I would as mentioned above not buy anymore.

Just in case you are getting some. 

There are two sizes, the size you need is the larger for the European mole, apparently the US moles are smaller.

A tip I can give you if you do use them is :- they have to be set at an angle to try to dissuade the mole from going underneath. I found them easier to set in heavy type soil where you can wiggle them in to get stuck. I did used to put a cocktail stick in the rear loop to help hold them in place as the mole entered, the stick would then snap as the trap triggered. Better now though I find is to open up the gape of a fencing staple and push this down over the spring. It doesn't interfere with the operation of the trap and stops the trap going backwards if it is not tight in the soil.

Have you tried the NO-MOLS or PUTANGE ? Caught a few in these on three holers, and also find them good if placed facing the last fresh molehill where the mole is extending his runs and there is a run going to a dead end.So you have last fresh molehill - short run - dead end. Like I just mentioned, put in the short run facing the molehill so when he comes along to continue, he'll walk straight into the trap. Looking at them you would think there is not enough room for the mole to enter, but they do.

Just thought, you may already be using these. If so, not trying to preach just trying to be helpful.