Insurance

crossy 666

My bike insurance was due for a renewal Saturday and I had received my new quote from my insurance company but not had chance to open the letter till Friday so on opening it I found out that they wanted to put it up from £220 last year too £256 this year for no apparent reason other then they think they can and it also said if they didn’t hear back from me eather to cancel it or renew it they would automatically take the money and start the policy anyway. So I phoned them up and pushed one on the option thing to speak to an advisor about a renewal option and when I got through the first question the woman asked me was are you ringing about the price increase to which I replied Yes so she says let me see what I can do for you. With in less than a minute she comes back and says we can do it for £150 for the year so it’s definitely worth the phone call in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, countryman said:

Don’t get me started on insurance companies, I am having a nightmare on a claim. Look on my thread. They are a law onto them self’s and it’s high time that the government did something about them.

hello, i quite agree countryman, our dealing with one of the biggest insurers AXA was so bad i took a claim against them with the F O S 

3 minutes ago, countryman said:

Mines with the ombudsman now, I have no idea what the out come will be though.

hello, depending on the Insurance company and what type of complaint you issued, ours was on a Buildings insurance claim with AXA, hope yours goes ok, not the first time have had to resort to this way of complaints, took my landlord to the Housing Ombudsman Service, it should never come to this !!!!!!!!

The way insurance providers and underwriters conduct business may not be exactly crooked but it can certainly feel like sharp practice. I've been caught out 3 times after going the comparison route and switching to get a good deal on both home and car insurance. Much of the time, what you're actually getting is an introductory discount. Fair enough if they point it out because then you can make a choice knowing what the deal really is , but of course they don't tell you and whilst it may be stated as such on page 973 of the documentation (which you only get after signing up), they well know that hardly anyone ever reads the fine details.

Same here with direct line I got a increase from last year and when i phoned and said nothings changed He said let me have a look , I replied my family has 3 cars and house insurance and recovery with you Thats some loyalty bonus your giving me for nearly 20 years with you . He lowered my premium to less than last year 

Apparently they wont give you a loyalty discount unless you phone them and few folk do they seem to just accept the increase ?.

31 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Same here with direct line I got a increase from last year and when i phoned and said nothings changed He said let me have a look , I replied my family has 3 cars and house insurance and recovery with you Thats some loyalty bonus your giving me for nearly 20 years with you . He lowered my premium to less than last year 

Apparently they wont give you a loyalty discount unless you phone them and few folk do they seem to just accept the increase ?.

My method is to call the ‘disloyalty’ section after my renewal has been sent through (showing the inevitable increase in premium). They invariably reduce the level of premium required. I never accept at this stage but wait until they call me near to renewal time. I then negotiate a further reduction in the premium.

My terios insurance was £400 last year and it dropped to £380. I rang them up and they said that’s the cheapest so I asked them not to renew, said thank you and bye. She said hang on let’s try a new policy not a renewal and it’s £251 now :) 

it was a totally fresh policy last year as I’ve never owned a car in my name. Not bad for 1 years ncb .

15 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Didn't work when I tried it about 3 years ago. I'd been with them for at least 20 years but the operator simply said he couldn't do anything about the premium because the underwriters tell them what to charge and my best option was to go elsewhere for a year then come back as new customer. The implication being that the underwriters don't care about loyalty. Interestingly I changed to Saga who used the same underwriters and got a good price for the 1st year. They then jacked up the price by over £80 for year 2 so I moved on again.

My general feeling is that it's a lot simpler and less stressful to get insurance from an actual insurance company such as LV.