Made me tear up this morning...

spandit

My boy collects sticks from our walks and brings them home .he has his own special stick bucket in the garden for his faves .my dog ziggy likes to raid the bucket for a likey stick , which he steals and disapeares down the garden to chew it into matches. This annoys the boy but keeps the dog happy .i dont really want a big bucket of sticks and the dog is slowly working his way through them .i find the remains with my lawn mower most often. .

Super story. Two years now since we lost our last dog...decison made it would be our last due to our age, so every dog we meet these days gets a hug and lots of fuss. 

You miss'em but the memories linger on in many ways.  Hope that willow survives.   We have a red flower horse chestnut I planted and one of our dogs is planted beneath that. It is now known as Sika's tree.

When our large pond was dug, there was a lot of sediment that was laid down. It dried up over the summer and the dogs left their pawprints in the clay. Now it's refilled and a lot more sediment will have deposited - I like to think it's preserved their footprints permanently as fossils and maybe some palaeontologist in the far future will discover them

• 1 month later...

thats very touching and would bring a tear to many man. 

i have my first wcs hes 18 months old and drives me to distraction most days! im trying to train him self and its steep learning curve with him. he comes everywhere with me - to work - to the shops etc. i cant bear to think about what ill do when he goes in years to come. 

thoughts are with you mate 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX  Moving story xx

Had to have my best mate put to sleep last Friday 7th June         born on the 7th, died on the 7th.

BROKE MY HEART     &     tears writing this. 

Harvey Smith 13yrs 4 months

Dogs are not on the earth  long enough.

Hes ashes are gona be saved with mine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E