CCI clean

I've just watched a video on YouTube where the guy was using CCI Clean ammo. They are a polymer coated bullet in both sub and high velocity. Cuts down on barrel fouling and fouling in moderators apparently.

The subs have a Blue coating and the HV have a red coating.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Are they even available in the UK?

Don't remember if I had fouling issues with CCI but.....

Not sure if this is still the case but 3 of us did a massive Rabbit control job  in N.Wales and used nothing but Eley Subs, which stopped stuff in it's tracks.

We had a spell were we couldn't get Eley and went to CCI Subs.

The change was instantly apparent.

The accuracy was acceptable but we had loads which ran a fair way before they dropped giving the impression that they were penciling through and not imparting much shock.

Intrigued by this I did a test using wet phone books.The theory being the one that went the deepest was the one expanding the least / slowest.

Eley, Winchester and Remington HP subs were all considerably shallower than the the CCI.

As mentioned that may have changed now, as I have not used CCI for ages.

Edited by Robertt

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Only my opinion, of course, but CCI would be better off spending money on improving the accuracy of their current range of .22lr rounds rather than on pretty pointless gimmicks.

+1

In real world tests , using various batches of CCI subsonic, standard , and mini mag, they all performed terribly in target tests, and fouled a semi auto far quicker than other .22lr rounds like Eley and winchester.

I used to use a lot of CCI , but wouldnt buy them now.

My go to ammo is now , winchester 42 g subs, cheaper, more accurate and cleaner, or for HV S+B CLUB , again cheaper and extremely accurate.

Eley works well, but no better than the winchesters in my opinion, and is more expensive.

Edited by Rewulf