"Normal" backfill time for a culled muntjac buck

I've read that if you cull a buck that the time for a replacement to backfill that area is "quickly" but I'm looking for a bit more precision if possible, so wondered if anyone has any real world practical data on this.

I understand that there are of course numerous variables affecting this but some kind of measure of what might be a "normal" window would be much appreciated. My assumption is that it's quick enough to not have a significant impact on the reproduction rate in the affected area where the muntjac are reasonably well established.

Any guidance greatly appreciated, cheers in advance.

Yeah your assumption is correct, you'll not be able to population control muntjac by shooting the bucks. Too many variables but neighbours range will expand, and they will shift about quickly. Territories are pretty fluid anyway to be honest, who's to say where their boundaries are.

When you see the damage some of the bucks have , done by other bucks, then you realise just how intertwined their areas are.  Cannot prove it but believe that where there is a heavy population then that is where you will see a lot of torn ears and scars on shoulders etc.  I was squirrel shooting from a popup blind the other week and could see down  200yrd ride. I had three really nice mature muntie bucks cross that ride during the day in a wood which is probably 25-30 acres and two young does. By their demeanour two of the bucks would not suffer fools yet obviously lived very close together.  Answer to your question .... minutes....hours...days according to the population density.  The only real way to control populations is to cull the does hard.  I spent a lot of time in Texas and the ranch owner asked me what I thought of his deer. I told him to round up all his friends who shot and line out and shoot as many does as they could. The place was crawling in does. The quality of the bucks was poor.  He hit the roof.  A year later talking to the owner of the deer lease he sid there had been a change, all rifles had to kill two does before they could shoot a buck.  Within the next four years the quality of that herd of whitetail blossomed.   It is a problem with munties but picking nice ripe fat ones is the only way.