Buying ammo from USA

Shug1

Please read my post before anyone comments further. You cannot export rifles, ammunition, optics, components unless you are:

•       A US Citizen,
•       A Permanent residents of the US, or
•       A US company that is registered with the US Directorate as an exporter.

What used to happen isn't what is applicable now and any advice to the contrary is bad advice.

Saving £100 on a rifle scope isn't worth losing £1k on a missed flight or worse. Things may change, I doubt that they will though.

Edited by mick miller

sorry chaps lost the thread   yes this was in 1994 when i was right into tack shooting     they were 1500 dollars apiece about 900 quid then spare cut barrels were 180 dollars and the jewell trigers i had put in were 68 dollars   berger bullets what they were cut to shoot  was 11dollars a box   al the rifles were  based on remmy 700s with    floor plate magazines   flew to  atlanta then to denver and drove about 400 miles to rapid city south dakota   seen loads of buffalo  near a place called newcastle    drove up through lusk   then went priary dog shooting    and we blew up a dog town as they say    happy days   seems like yesterday