1st real attempt

dad

Went to the new perm again yesterday and decided to do it properly this time on the rape we arrived at 10am and found a good qty. Down and feeding on 3 areas 2 of them we cant go on about a 1000 birds on rape and trees eatin cherry buds with smaller amounts in other places too. The 1st field about 10 acres that doesn't have a single leaf left on the rape we put an old lightweight rotary with some white cloth streamers attached and left it running plus 2moon walkers and 6 flgs spaced around. the next ajacent field at the village end the rape is about 6 inches high the field is about 400 yds wide so 2 more moonwalkers and another 8 flags went out across it. i got soaked the rape was wet and i only had trainers on. The middle of the field is yellow the far end where we can shoot is about 4 inches and about 600 yds from the village with a plantation running across its width. The pigeons like to fly out from the village spend most of the day eating buds in the plantation and dropping in to the rape now and again.i was set up by 11.30 with a rotary and 8 on cradles and 9 shells and my mate went to stand in one of the other plantations to shoot them coming to the trees and put a couple of bangers out in other places.nearly all the birds walked off went back to the village which was what we wanted.within 10 mins. The birds were coming back out again and enough birds were commiting to have 11 in the bag for 15 shots which was never going to last,i often start well and deteriate quickly,it soon became obvious the birds were really intent on going to the trees i would get a string of 100 bird pass at 150 to 200 yds and go into the trees 200yds to my left  looking but ignoring my set up the odd tail ender would peel of and come straight in my shots lifted the birds from the trees and some went back to the village and back out again later. I ended the day picking up 65 for 105 shots i think a younger or better shot would have had 100 plus i usually only get 1 at a time even if multiples come in but a good day on the new perm again. 54 on the picture 11 picked up in the plantation by the dog after packing up.this is my first attempt at a post and picture if anything wrong please tell.

20190409_170415_compress_29.jpg

Looking at your first attempt at posting a photo on your other thread , you have certainly got a nice lot of pigeons on your perm , they should and no doubt will keep you happy for a few more weeks to come .

Today you done well and put up a very good average getting roughly 2 out of 3 ,  you are also mastering the up loading of your photos after only a few attempts , all in all a very good day.

Looking forward to hearing more of your days out .:good: