Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tyke55

New scope Parallax question on new Tikka TX1 .22

Recommended Posts

I’ve been offered a really nice 2nd hand scope for a good price.  A Leupold VX-R 4-9x40 Firedot.

Apparently the parallax is set for 150 yds. I want to put it on my Tikka Tx1 .22  but the ranges I will be shooting are going to be around 50-75. Do you think it will be a problem as I’d like to use the scope if I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reparralax it .to 50 yds ie on zero 

That way you should be able to see from 25 yds to infinity on full mag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd try using it first, but I'm pretty certain it should be fine except for real close stuff, less than 20 yards at 9 x, but you get away with that by coming down with magnification. 

Or you can reparralax it like Stu says, it's not difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Reparralax it .to 50 yds ie on zero 

That way you should be able to see from 25 yds to infinity on full mag. 

Thanks for the replies 

Sorry for being dumb but not sure how you’d do that. (Reparralax it)

Edited by Tyke55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats the leupold .

Grab the outer paet of the scope. And unscrew it. This loosens the inner lens carrier .the inner carrier is screwed in or outwards by putting something in the 2 slots and turning. U canbjust see 1 in the image , at the bottom. 

Often on good scopes they turn easily with just your fingers .

Sent the lens out wards to reduce the parrelax .id go with about 1.5 full turns to get from 150 - 50 yds .when happy retighten the outer ring 

Simples .

IMG_20190411_000131.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just can’t get the outer part off even with a strap too so I think I’ll leave , thanks anyway guys 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2019 at 00:05, Ultrastu said:

Thats the leupold .

Grab the outer paet of the scope. And unscrew it. This loosens the inner lens carrier .the inner carrier is screwed in or outwards by putting something in the 2 slots and turning. U canbjust see 1 in the image , at the bottom. 

Often on good scopes they turn easily with just your fingers .

Sent the lens out wards to reduce the parrelax .id go with about 1.5 full turns to get from 150 - 50 yds .when happy retighten the outer ring 

Simples .

IMG_20190411_000131.jpg

Got a proper strap wrench now so I'll give it another go. Do you know if Leupold glue the outer part because it's bloody tight !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tyke55 said:

Got a proper strap wrench now so I'll give it another go. Do you know if Leupold glue the outer part because it's bloody tight !

Easy tiger !

Have you actually tried the scope yet to see if the parallax is a problem ?

You dont want to be breaking it now do you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks for the reply ! At risk of breaking it I might have to reconsider. 

Was out with it today and at full magnification at 50 mtrs, it's not in focus which is a bit annoying. But bring the magnification down to X5 and it's better.

I love the scope though, especially the firedot reticle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know if you look down at the objective lens, can you see the locking ring, you can sometimes turn it without taking the shroud off, use some blunt calipers.

But like I say, breaking or scratching the lens just isnt worth it.
If youre not confident, Id take it to someone who is ,  a camera shop, or even a gun shop that knows what theyre doing.
But its a bit difficult without seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...