Any of you guys traveling to the US for Knobscreek machine gun shoot?

NoBodyImportant

I ask because the are as many Europeans as there are Americans at the machine gun festival.  I go every year but this year I’m missing do to a death in the family.  It’s were collectors go to buy full auto guns, cannons, flamethrowers, explosives.  The always have the ranges set up with caravans, cars, boats and you get to blow them up.  $10 a day to get in.  Even if you poor like me it’s a good time just to watch. Only rules is it was to be civilian legal to bring.   

Edited by NoBodyImportant

18 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Now that looks slightly more interesting than the East anglain game and county fair! 

It is a blast.  Cheap to get in the festival but you have to be rich to play.  That guy with the mini gun spends about $100,000 on 308 ammo for the weekend.  A Cheapo full auto MAC in 9mm runs about $3500and 9mm is 14cent a round at the cheapest.  So you can easily shoot 10,000 rounds in a day.  The guy with the black power cannon says it cost him $35 a shot.  And he shoots concrete balls.  That’s not even cast iron.  

But literally, the make up is 50% Americans, 10% Canadians, 40% Eroupians.  

6 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It is a blast.  Cheap to get in the festival but you have to be rich to play.  That guy with the mini gun spends about $100,000 on 308 ammo for the weekend.  A Cheapo full auto MAC in 9mm runs about $3500and 9mm is 14cent a round at the cheapest.  So you can easily shoot 10,000 rounds in a day.  The guy with the black power cannon says it cost him $35 a shot.  And he shoots concrete balls.  That’s not even cast iron.  

But literally, the make up is 50% Americans, 10% Canadians, 40% Eroupians.  

What a way to spend $35 though. 

My missus keeps on about a trip to the States, maybe I'll make it around this time next year 😂 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

What a way to spend $35 though. 

My missus keeps on about a trip to the States, maybe I'll make it around this time next year 😂 

Knobs creek is twice, April and October. If you only going to see one though Big Sandy  Machine Shoot is much cooler.  They fly r/c planes to shoot at.  The US really doesn’t have that much cool stuff to visit unless your into nature.  I would much  rather take a castle tour.  But if you do find your way to the East side of the states hit me up.  I don’t have full auto but I have some burst weapons.  We will make a day of it. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Knobs creek is twice, April and October. If you only going to see one though Big Sandy  Machine Shoot is much cooler.  They fly r/c planes to shoot at.  The US really doesn’t have that much cool stuff to visit unless your into nature.  I would much  rather take a castle tour.  But if you do find your way to the East side of the states hit me up.  I don’t have full auto but I have some burst weapons.  We will make a day of it. 

Now that does sound like fun. 

To be honest a big piece of going for me is the food. Love watching man v food. 

As for castles over here I think the places not run by national heritage are much better. There's a few decent ruins to look around in the east of England. 

Thats a very generous offer, thank you. If you happen to find yourself this side of the pond I've got a Martini action greener you can put a few through 👍 

10 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Watched big sandy A LOT on youtube. Its on my bucket list 👍