fac licence

Thanks for every ones support just got my ticket for 22lr and mod plus 150 rounds . Did not get 17HMR but will reapply in six months for that.  Did have a hard time getting licence and they did not  like BASC getting involved    So full credit to BASC FOR HELPING .Dont know why it was so hard as i work with kids in care system and also a youth worker part time so i have a clean DBS sheet

thanks Bill

2 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

Thanks for every ones support just got my ticket for 22lr and mod plus 150 rounds . Did not get 17HMR but will reapply in six months for that.  Did have a hard time getting licence and they did not  like BASC getting involved    So full credit to BASC FOR HELPING .Dont know why it was so hard as i work with kids in care system and also a youth worker part time so i have a clean DBS sheet

thanks Bill

Excellent. Now go and buy/use lots of .22 ammunition, then next time you apply for the .17HMR, request an increase for the .22LR ammunition. There's no charge for that.

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So can you buy 150 rds every day or are you only allowed the own 150 rds. 

You are only allowed to have in your possession at any time a maximum of 150 rounds.

Specifically your possession means the total of all rounds that you have with you and at home so if you have 35 rounds left at home you could only purchase 2 boxes of 50 and not 3. Likewise if you have 57 rounds left at home you could not then be given 2 boxes of 50 by a friend (with suitable entry on certificate) but he/she could give you 93.

Sorry I should add there is no reason why you cannot buy 150 rounds, use them and then purchase 150 more. You could possibly do this more than once in a day - at which point, with good reason, you could respectfully request an increase in allowance.

Edited by 243deer
add last para

God yeah, get using then stick in a variation ASAP. If it was me it’d be in bang on the 6 month mark... at latest!

My first FAC was for 22wmr and 1500 rounds. There’s a clear argument for a HMR and more rounds. You ‘need’ a HMR for longer range bunnies (and foxes in closer range potentially) and as it tends to ricochet less. You need to buy bricks of 500 min to get same batch numbers for accuracy/consistency with a few left over just in case you can’t get what you need... so 750 sounds reasonable as a minimum.... never mention it’s cheaper by the brick, they don’t give two hoots about ‘cheaper’ arguments. 

Edited by Tford

4 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

No not a member of a club but have over 1200 acres in kent to shoot over so will put up some targets. Plus the pest control on the farm  will put in for a variation in six months and for increase in ammo  as my perm is cleared for 243 FEO stated

You’ll need more calibres by 6 months then! 😁

I’m also Kent based. That’s a decent patch of land for Kent. I think I’m in the 900acre region.