Humberside FEO Visit

JTaylor91

Hate to start a new thread regarding an FEO visit but I couldn’t find my question answered anywhere else.

Had my FEO visit by a PCSO this week from humberside force. Everything was fine and couldn’t see any reason I wouldn’t be granted my SGC. Happy with the cabinet fitting etc.

However he has said that the cert won’t just be posted to me but that another visit will be scheduled to drop it off to “recheck my cabinet hasn’t been moved and is still secure” and also to make sure I “haven’t already been given a gun” it would also take about another 10 weeks.

Never heard of this before, anybody had any experiance with this?

Nope! Sounds like he either fancies you! Lol!......Is a tad officious? .......Or is making work to justify his job? If you feel deeply about it and you are a member? Ring BASC for advice! 

He wants to Visit again to check you haven't moved the cabinet? ***........you could do that any day in the 5 year life of the cert!

And to make sure you haven't already been given a gun? If you had, why would it be in the cabinet? That would be illegal!!  Anyway you could easily hide it elsewhere.....under the bed for example! Or is he going to come around daily to ensure you are complying with your legal responsibilities?

He's having a *******laugh! 🤡

I sometimes wonder if there's an FEO appreciation society where they all get together to see who can come up with the most ridiculous statement. 

Whilst my FEO has sometimes dropped off my tickets personally its always so he can check my security also as he does so, at times of renewal or after a move. There is only ever just the one visit. 

Sounds like yours is a bit of a door handle; as has been said, there's absolutely nothing to stop you moving your cabinet anytime, or being given an off ticket gun at anytime! A stupid and totally unwarranted remark. If he insists on calling again, ensure it's at a time suitable for you rather than when he says it will be. 

1 minute ago, point and shoot said:

Standard practice to deliver certificates by hand. You then have to sign it in thir presence.

That's also a new one on me ! 

48 minutes ago, point and shoot said:

Standard practice to deliver certificates by hand. You then have to sign it in thir presence.

He did also mention signing it in the officers presence. It is what it is I guess. I am a member of BASC but won’t rock the boat unless it starts taking an unreasonably long time. I’ve got off pretty well so far by getting my visit 5 weeks after the application going in. I was hoping to be a lucky one where it lands in the doormat 4 days after the visit.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

That's also a new one on me

That's also a new one on me

Me too.

The last time I had mine delivered by hand must be over 40 years ago and that was only because the local copper wanted to collect half a lamb off me one Sunday morning and eat my bacon and eggs !

15 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Me too.

The last time I had mine delivered by hand must be over 40 years ago and that was only because the local copper wanted to collect half a lamb off me one Sunday morning and eat my bacon and eggs !

I hope he isn’t expecting half a lamb. He may get away with bacon and eggs if it turns up soon.

4 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Hate to start a new thread regarding an FEO visit but I couldn’t find my question answered anywhere else.

Had my FEO visit by a PCSO this week from humberside force. Everything was fine and couldn’t see any reason I wouldn’t be granted my SGC. Happy with the cabinet fitting etc.

However he has said that the cert won’t just be posted to me but that another visit will be scheduled to drop it off to “recheck my cabinet hasn’t been moved and is still secure” and also to make sure I “haven’t already been given a gun” it would also take about another 10 weeks.

Never heard of this before, anybody had any experiance with this?

That is a new one. You don't even have to have a cabinet and if you have one you can move it whenever you want. As Scully says I think they just get together to make up all this stuff.