Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
propercartridges

can foxes see the ir

Recommended Posts

In your other thread someone said the 450 uses 850nm ir and the 455 uses 940nm ir.

940nm ir is supposed to be less visible.  So the foxes might not notice it as much on the N455.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used both 850 and 940 spectrums. The foxes noticed them both (eventually) although the 940 is not so 'bright'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find 95% of them take absolutely no notice of IR  but the other 5% can be extremely awkward. A moonlit night can sometimes be the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can become IR shy just like being lamp shy. Its probably the older , wiser ones though that's been around the block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without doubt they can see it. But as with all foxes and nature they act differently. Not so sure about the whole lamp shy. I just believe some foxes will be more wary of a light going on them than others.

I am not saying they cannot be educated by people shining a light at them from the other county and then throwing lead at them from same distance. I just found that foxes can be off at the slightest noise/light when others can be complete opposite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They can see all sorts of light and many get used to all sorts of light and take little notice.

Others can turn at the slightest thing.

Lamp shy is a thing in my experience, but I wonder why very often, as I don't give mine a chance to get used to any light!

:good:

 

Edited by Dekers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a fox has been lamped then ran by a lurcher or shot at and missed they very quickly associate the lamp means danger and scarper.

I once went to  a farm where a lad had been running them with dogs with no success so I went with the rifle which was futile, as soon as the lamp lit them up from 400 yards away they scarpered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...