can foxes see the ir

propercartridges

Without doubt they can see it. But as with all foxes and nature they act differently. Not so sure about the whole lamp shy. I just believe some foxes will be more wary of a light going on them than others.

I am not saying they cannot be educated by people shining a light at them from the other county and then throwing lead at them from same distance. I just found that foxes can be off at the slightest noise/light when others can be complete opposite

They can see all sorts of light and many get used to all sorts of light and take little notice.

Others can turn at the slightest thing.

Lamp shy is a thing in my experience, but I wonder why very often, as I don't give mine a chance to get used to any light!

:good:

Edited by Dekers

If a fox has been lamped then ran by a lurcher or shot at and missed they very quickly associate the lamp means danger and scarper.

I once went to  a farm where a lad had been running them with dogs with no success so I went with the rifle which was futile, as soon as the lamp lit them up from 400 yards away they scarpered.