Sign in to follow this  
louisvanhovell

Sharp Innova / paperwork

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

My latest airgun acquisition is a Sharp Innova Mk1 in .177.

I love it: simple, light, short, accurate, powerful, a bit quirky. 

Are there fellow Innova fans on here? 

And is there anyone who has original Innova paperwork? (manual / adverts / reviews in the magazines from the eighties). 

This boxed .22 was sold for 250 at an auction a few years ago. Would have loved to buy it. Maybe one day. There's something about those boxes...

Cheers, Louis

KNJn6Ap.png

Edited by louisvanhovell

I had an innova, it did nothing but leak after a while, it was a nice light weight gun though, 7 or 8 pumps if i remember right?

Always fancied one of the Sheridan pumps, they just looked smart i thought.

I'll have a dig see if i can find any articles for you.

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

I had an innova, it did nothing but leak after a while, it was a nice light weight gun though, 7 or 8 pumps if i remember right?

Less pumps that that if I remember correctly. 4 pumps to full power and there was an exhaust valve that prevented over pumping. I had a .177 back in the 80’s and loved it. Really accurate little gun and nice and light. Mine too succumbed to the leaking problem after a couple of years so I sold it on.

I've got one in .22 and if you can get hold of a silencer adaptor they're as quiet as a pcp, as somebody has stated four pumps to full but check it on a chrono as the blow off is 'adjustable'.

22 hours ago, Mice! said:

I think the Sheridan Blue Streak is a better gun, even though I really like my Innova. 

The Streak doesn't have any plastic parts, pumps with less force and has a knock open valve design, instead of the Innova's blow off one. 

The high quality plastic on the Innova doesn't bother me, except the idea that it will crack/chip/be damaged sooner or later. 

I think the Japanese were inspired by the Crosman 140 in their design of the Innova? There is basically a cap that seals the valve, and when the trigger is pulled, this cap can blow off and the air is expelled into the barrel. The quad ring inside the cap has a hard life and will leak much faster than the seals in a Blue Streak. I've heard of Sheridans that still work fine since they were bought in the seventies. 

My Innova doesn't hold the first pump 100%: when I close the pump lever during the first pump, the gun makes a "pang" noise. The second pump doesn't do that. So the quad seal needs a bit of pressure to seal properly. So it needs to be replaced. 

Here's my nicest Blue Streaks

rkkI3oT.jpg

12 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i know where there is a mint condition/boxed/ Parker Hale Dragon Sporter in 22 MK1 1980s what are these like ? 

Hi, I have never tried a Dragon, but the one you mention sounds very nice!

48 minutes ago, louisvanhovell said:

Hi, I have never tried a Dragon, but the one you mention sounds very nice!

hello, this chap bought it new and never much used it only to top up air so it is kept in the condition like i mentioned, he is looking to sell  now, 

21 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, this chap bought it new and never much used it only to top up air so it is kept in the condition like i mentioned, he is looking to sell  now, 

Hi, I'm not interested to be honest, but I'll see if a friend is. Could your friend perhaps send some info and photos to: louisvanhovell@gmail.com. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, louisvanhovell said:

Hi, I'm not interested to be honest, but I'll see if a friend is. Could your friend perhaps send some info and photos to: louisvanhovell@gmail.com. 

Cheers

hello, i can send him a txt tomorrow and he lives in Swindon, he wants around £ 600, it is mint original condition/ boxed/paperwork, let me know if your friends interested, cheers

I had a Mk 1 Innova .22 on FAC for many years - No blow off valve and maxed out at around 18ftlbs. It had laser like accuracy.

21 hours ago, 1066 said:

I had a Mk 1 Innova .22 on FAC for many years - No blow off valve and maxed out at around 18ftlbs. It had laser like accuracy.

Wow that sounds cool! 

Even my sub 12 Mk1 Innova .177 feels like a sniper. 

3 pumps - plenty for making those beer cans fly into the air at 70 meters. 

A fantastic gun. 

The only awkward thing is pumping with a scope on: I've understood that the breech needs to be held whilst pumping. With a scope, it feels like I'm putting quite a lot of force on the scope. 

No room for my hand under the scope. 

How many pumps did you need for 18 ftlbs? 

3 hours ago, louisvanhovell said:

Wow that sounds cool! 

A fantastic gun. 

The only awkward thing is pumping with a scope on: I've understood that the breech needs to be held whilst pumping. With a scope, it feels like I'm putting quite a lot of force on the scope. 

8 pumps would give me 750 fps with .22 Eley Wasps.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:45, louisvanhovell said:

Wow that sounds cool! 

A fantastic gun. 

3 pumps hitting cans @ 70 meters?? Are you sure about that, must be a fair amount of hold over going on 

11 hours ago, Mice! said:

3 pumps hitting cans @ 70 meters?? Are you sure about that, must be a fair amount of hold over going on 

I am sure. I was flabbergasted. With the 4x20 scope, which is very close to the barrel, I only need a bit of elevation. Less than half a beer can. 

Will need to do some chrony'ing...

30 minutes ago, louisvanhovell said:

Will need to do some chrony'ing...

i think you might 😅 

Here's a picture of mine in .177, it's the best £15 I have ever spent!

I acquired it in the mid 90's from an old boy who lived down the road from us, at the time I had no idea what it was worth or how effective it would be. My only regret is binning the scope that it came with as it was probably original, but you don't think of these things when you're young.

20190514_211858.jpg

5 hours ago, decoy1979 said:

Here's a picture of mine in .177, it's the best £15 I have ever spent!

That must be the best bargain ever??

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

That must be the best bargain ever??

Quite possibly, it doesn't owe me anything and is still going strong.