Cherry trees

dad

had a day on the rape again on the new perm Thursday quite a lot about village end all in the trees. I set up in usual place at other end and walked the birds out of the trees and back to village put scarecows out and 1string banger near the plantation closest to village where we cant shoot. My hide has a plantation to the left of me about 150yds and I can usually intercept traffic to it but only a very small percentage.I was set up by 12.30pm and waited and waited I got few visitors and delt with them but kept watching them go into the 1st plantation all afternoon hundreds of them the banger would go off they would lift and go back to village and start returning within 10mins by 4.30 I had had enough and packed up, at 5.00 as we were collecting our scarecrows the flood gates opened and they poored out of the trees onto the nearest rape there must have been a 1000 down within half an hour  and we watched in amazement and they were  still coming. I shot 9 all afternoon and all had cherry buds in them and some Hawthorne it seemes they were happy to eat buds all day and tuck Into rape late.tractor driver we talked to on way out said he put 1000 birds up at 8am off the rape and they all went back to the plantation nearest the village so they stayed there all day. Somehow we have to stop them going to that plantation we are thinking of moonwalkers on the edge bangers not allowed.

9 hours ago, Tedward said:

Just googled “moon walkers” - confused !

Tedward.

Old pc trick white spray suit a knot in arms and legs whith a stone in and mounted on a hide pole some wind gets in them and arms and legs move about like walking on the moon or astronauts