Little corvus morning

getthegat

My perms are just about in limbo at the moment; all the seed has been sewn and the barley shoots are an inch high, wheat is more like 3 or 4 inches high, the OSR is nearly head height 😁 so I don't think I'll be seeing much action for a while. A field next to my perm was sewn early this week and is still pulling in a few crows, so I set up as near as I could to the boundary with a dozen half shell crow deeks, 2 full bodied on the ground in the pattern and one full bodied on a high stick at the top of a 12 foot large bush under which I had my hide. Action was slow, as expected, but those that came to check out the pattern, arrived from over my left shoulder, gliding in silently, with all but two not leaving again πŸ‘. Two of the shells were on Dippas, creating a bit of movement with the others on sprung sticks moving now and then in the occasional breeze. A few times I've struggled on corvids, but today's tally was 10 from 14 shots, using #7.5 with 28grm cartridges in my Franchi semi Affinity. I was able to drive around the edge of the grass field, right up to the hide site and considering nothing had been feeding in the grass, it proved that they could be pulled in, due to their inquisitive minds. Soph marked and stood over each downed body, not attempting to pick them up, keeping clear of any still damaging sharp beek. Enjoyable few hours, as always far better than working.

Edited by getthegat
Wrongly spelt word.