2014 VW touareg r line

picardy

I would check, the other thing is to see whether that’s the year the brought R Line plus which is same spec  as original Rline form previous models and as such the R line is not specced as well.   After 24000 miles my later R line has all sorts of annoying squeaks and rattles

I had a 2014 R line. lovely car. it had the upgraded air suspension so was super comfy.  mine was pre add blue so a T3. the later 2015 up to 2017 was T4 and had add blue.

The easy check, look at the rear exhausts if they are oval its a T3 if they are angular its a T4.

2 hours ago, seph234 said:

I had a 2014 R line. lovely car. it had the upgraded air suspension so was super comfy.  mine was pre add blue so a T3. the later 2015 up to 2017 was T4 and had add blue.

The easy check, look at the rear exhausts if they are oval its a T3 if they are angular its a T4.

Brill thanks, my description wasn’t as helpful.

Agreed T3 was a great car, especially with air (pricey upgrade though).

Not as impressed with T4 that I have now...

Around town was  around 25 mpg. on a run i was getting around 36mpg. this was calculated using an app so wasn't relying on the instrument display.  which generally was saying a couple of mpg better. i serviced it myself. the oil changes were as simple as any other car. the only real pain is when you need to change the rear discs due to the electronic hand brake. you need vagcom/vcds to retract the hand brake to avoid any lights coming up.  they can be fussy with tyres so make sure the car has four tyres of the same make and are all within a few mm of each other otherwise  you can end up with driveline problems. the 8 speed auto is really smooth.  and the 3.0 v6 tdi is the same as in all the audi's etc so i well proven engine. same car as the posrche  apart from some panels and interior. 

I had the ‘quicker’ (relative for a flying brick) in both, running off road tyres all year round (Cooper M&S) about 30 average on 14 and 32 on 17 BUT I have a smaller car for short journeys and town driving...  Both will give high 30/early 40 mpg on motorway run at 60 mph if you can keep your foot off the right hand pedal.

Gear box is smooth BUT these cars are quite hesitant, especially from stop start.

The only other thing, if you in heavy off road ground, there are better cars around.

Yeah 60 mph i tried that for about 10 mins 😂 then got bored.  the best i ever got was 39mpg.  my  R line was the 245ps i had the goodyears and then michelin crossclimates on it.

i agree the box can be a bit hesitant, some re code them to the Porsche settings and have said its a bit better.