Escapee

dad

While i was shooting the rape yesterday i decided to bring shot birds in out of the sun, i had 2 birds just behind me for about half an hour and when i looked down there was only 1 on investigation 1 had come back to life and scurried away into the depths of the brambles try to imagine the scene me at 73 on hands and knees with face mask net and pullover kneeling on thorns everything getting caught up trying to reach the pigeon that was slowly getting deeper into the brambles beyond reach, it was winning the only thing to do i thought was shoot it at 2yds!!! I couldnt do it, a hide pole was next good old jack pike with the double spike, my close up eyesight is not too good so with bifocals on and head bent back to look out the bottom glass i tried getting the business end in and it caught in everything eventually i got it in front of dissapearing bird and managed to drag it back within arms length a quick grab and i got 2 tail feathers and it was away again another try and and i got a wing tip it was all over at last. My hands were scratched to bits i have thorns in my knees and anybody who takes aspirin will know how much i bled.i hope you can see the feather trail.also sent a picture of the rape field

20190411_133234_compress_22.jpg

20190413_133153_compress_15.jpg