RENEWAL passed no certificate guidance....

HDAV

Just had a call from a friend, certificate expires today, not new cert in post....(shotgun cert)

SWP wrote to them saying they weren’t able to meet 12 week renewals and if no cert they had to make arrangements to store guns elsewhere. Now I do have room in my cabinet but seems like a lot of hassle....now the 72 hour rule still applies? But beyond that they will need to written on my cert I will then have send in transfer docs, once they get their new cert I have to transfer back? But guns will already be on their cert? 

So what’s the current advice? Have told them to ring FEO but they aren’t the arguing type. 

Have phoned BASC but no one available to talk to me....

ive not been shooting for ages and haven’t been here for a while so after updated guidance asap please

many thanks

Edited by HDAV

THis is the issue I told them to call firearms and tell them they need a temp certificate, but they aren’t the sort to tell the police what to do.... BASC aren’t answering the phone.... cert could arrive tomorrow or could be another month.... who knows as far as I know their renewal went in plenty of time (reminds me mine will be due soon I think!) but due to other commitments if their guns go in my cabinet today they may have to stay there for a while (beyond 72 hours) so what goes on the transfer paperwork? Transferred due to police incompentence?

Edited by HDAV

Friend got through to licensing dept.... they are posting the certificate tonight so have told them no need to arrange storage elsewhere...

Amazing what happens when you challenge them a little....

docs were sent on time so no issue there, shame they can’t just turn it around in a reasonable time frame without having to be nudged and hen pretend like they are doing you a favour by applying their own process in their own time frame....🤔

Edited by HDAV