Bohemian Rhapsody

Scully

My daughter saw this a couple of months or so ago and raved about it, and as it was my generation ( I remember being blown away by the song of the title when I was 15 ) my OH and me went to see it at remote Cinema on Saturday night. Really really enjoyed it. A bit kitsch and corny in parts ( all terribly nice guys ) but the musical sequences were fabulous and Rami Malek was simply superb. 

I recall where I was at the time of Live Aid, and watching it on tv. Overall one of the most enjoyable films I've seen for a long time. Made me feel old explaining to younger people what Live Aid was all about and just what a phenomenon Queen were for my generation. I recall Killer Queen on TOTP and thinking 'wow', at Mercurys performance. 

Kept having flashbacks to the mid 70's when I had long black hair and a moustache! Found the film surprisingly emotional. 

I thought the film very well done. Watched it a few times now. Bought the 4K HDR 10+ version for a small fortune but it's worth every penny. My two twenty + year old daughters are gobsmacked by it. I enjoy telling them the story of when i saw Queen in 1974 ( eleven years prior to Live Aid) at Cromer links pavillion when they were the backing band to Boxer. The seven seas of rhye was Queens first hit single and was released the previous year.       

I have to say I won't watch it anytime soon. It's surely a very good and amazing film, but it does *ruin* songs when they *hammer* you with them forever and ever for marketing purpose. And they've been doing that a LOT with that film, like they did with ABBA, or worse with the Doors etc where it's so much I can't hear the damn *good* songs without reaching for the 'next' button because it's been so overplayed.

For the love of Beep, I hope they don't do a film about David B or Led Zep.

11 minutes ago, buze said:

Hate to disappoint, but Bowie is having a film made called "stardust" and i am sure you are on tender hooks for the release of the elton john movie "rocket man" coming very soon.

1 hour ago, buze said:

I have to say I won't watch it anytime soon. It's surely a very good and amazing film, but it does *ruin* songs when they *hammer* you with them forever and ever for marketing purpose. And they've been doing that a LOT with that film, like they did with ABBA, or worse with the Doors etc where it's so much I can't hear the damn *good* songs without reaching for the 'next' button because it's been so overplayed.

ITV are just as bad for this if they have something new coming on they show the same clip time and time again for weeks before so I end up not watching it.

I have seen it twice now - absolutely loved it and will definitely watch it again, soon... 

I’ve listened to so much Queen on Spotify since watching it. I genuinely thought the film was superb! 

Rami Malek played the role of Freddie incredibly well. I would thoroughly recommend this film to everyone... 

1 hour ago, WinchesterDave said:

I have seen it twice now - absolutely loved it and will definitely watch it again, soon... 

I’ve listened to so much Queen on Spotify since watching it. I genuinely thought the film was superb! 

Rami Malek played the role of Freddie incredibly well. I would thoroughly recommend this film to everyone... 

Yes, I'd watch it again. It has rekindled a bit of interest in songs I'd forgotten about. Watched a documentary about the group earlier on Netflix. 

There are two other hour long documentaries, one at least is on you tube. Slightly different emphasis on different events and the chronology runs slightly at varience with the film. In particular regarding when he actually got the diagnosis. Both very good.

The Elton John one coming soon will be interesting for me as it may contain a lot of his early stuff from around here.