Notre-Dame

poontang

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, roadkill said:

Very sad to watch all that history go up in flames,  not sure how much of the art and treasures they can save 😞

Very sad.  So much history has been lost in fires, even in recent times;

• Glasgow School of Art
  • Clandon Park
  • Parnham House
  • Kelsale Hall

though luckily many have been (mainly) saved and restored;

• Uppark
  • Windsor Castle
  • York Minster

this will affect Macron...he will get the backlash.........................france are notorious in under spending to look after their treasures....this has been going on for many years....some of the pics of stop gap repairs i have seen from friends of mine are horrific................

such a shame ....Paris is Notre Dame............

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

this will affect Macron...he will get the backlash.........................france

Wouldnt surprise me if macrons ordered it done himself, nothing like a good distraction when you're in single digits in the popularity stakes 😏 he'll be out calling for 'unity' next. 

It should be inconceivable in this day that any fhistoric building could be destroyed by fire. For my sins I was for several years a (company appointed) Trustee of St Albans Cathederal. The  endless risk assessments and incident forecasting was all consuming and to comply with all the draconian regulations was like having to jump through endless hoops laid out end on end.

Basically, you couldn't even f -a-r-t let alone burn the place down.

Edited by Vince Green

1 minute ago, oowee said:

More than a building it's part of the nation. Terribly sad news.

It's a fantastic building, sure enough, but it's a religious building that was built on the back of 200 years worth of people who quite frankly would have done better trying to take care of their family.

I'm not anti-whatever here, just saying that there is a lot of sweat in that building, and likely a hell of a lot of tearsand blood, even before it was finished. I'm sure the church commiserated appropriately.

58 minutes ago, oowee said:

More than a building it's part of the nation. Terribly sad news.

Nail on head.

How can they keep doing these silly austerity protests every weekend ,when there is a real issue, like this icon of La Francais ?

Watch the media , this will get pumped, whist gilet jaunes and Brexit will get pushed to the sidelines.