Finished the shed workshop

roadkill

What's with organising your spanners, we all know you have to search for the one you need. Left in piles near the last thing you worked on.

Roadkill yours looks nice and clean, by looks of the contents it's somewhere to tinker and clean your bikes.

I see no grinders pillar drills and not tins and jars of nuts screws washers etc. You need some bits of random cack that will come in useful just after you decide to throw it away 😲

Edited by figgy

Very nice, bit tidy for my liking but I doubt it will stay that way for long. I've had a very good look at the pics and cant see a golden virginia baccy tin anywhere! where do you store your screws and bits without them?

My workshop is tiny every time I move I knock something over, I will put a few pics up.

I would imagine with that lined walls and roof its going to get a tad warm in there in the summer and looking at the idea of the size you get from the pictures the smell of petrol from the bikes would be quite strong to be working in there for long periods. Just an observation. 

My shed has structural shelving, true without that shelving my shed would lean to one side and eventually with the aid of a light breeze fall over.

Edited by fatchap

12 hours ago, figgy said:

What's with organising your spanners, we all know you have to search for the one you need. Left in piles near the last thing you worked on.

Roadkill yours looks nice and clean, by looks of the contents it's somewhere to tinker and clean your bikes.

I see no grinders pillar drills and not tins and jars of nuts screws washers etc. You need some bits of random cack that will come in useful just after you decide to throw it away 😲

English is such a wonderful language..:ernyha:..............

"RANDOM CACK"..................it just says everythying dont it ?

On 17/04/2019 at 16:06, figgy said:

Ha ha I just tend to chuck it after a decade or so  of not needing it then a few weeks later need it,  then have to go and buy it.

That feeling of triumph though when that part of an old flymo (that’s been sitting at the back right on the top shelf for years) is exactly what you or a mate need... 💥

Been tinkering in my garage workshop today for a good few hours. Decided to make a cartridge collector stick from a cheap walking pole. Sheared off the sodding alloy thread on the locking mechanism taking it apart, so had to make a new twin thread bit from a bolt then glue and fit it all back together with additional neodiddly magnets spaced in the end four inches. Works fine and can still be used as a walking pole.

tidy job, I like.

I wish i'd had more time to sort out electrics in mine but I was in such a rush to get the bikes back to mine and under cover. now it's just a dark dumping ground full to the brim of gear I rarely use because I can't get to it lol! got some plans to make it bigger with some decent racking, i'll try harder and plan it out better next time.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:03, hod said:

That feeling of triumph though when that part of an old flymo (that’s been sitting at the back right on the top shelf for years) is exactly what you or a mate need... 💥

Its a great feeling indeed, I used an old magazine release catch (from my PSG shotgun project) to repair the washing machine door mechanism, cost zero and no trip to Comet to buy a new machine (my wife's diagnosis)

There's possibly an interesting thread there, what parts have you used to repair/make/improve something totally unconnected

Edited by impala59

13 minutes ago, impala59 said:

Its a great feeling indeed, I used an old magazine release catch (from my PSG shotgun project) to repair the washing machine door mechanism, cost zero and no trip to Comet to buy a new machine (my wife's diagnosis)

There's possibly an interesting thread there, what parts have you used to repair/make/improve something totally unconnected

never mind thread..............whole new bloody forum:lol:

call it something like "Re-purposers UK"