Alaska?

Lord v

I see Sportsman has a new bargain basement pump action and semi auto range. 

Apparently maker is 'Alaska' - but seems to be 0 Info online. 

The pump action seems very similar to the weatherby they were selling (which had solid reviews both here and in the US). Trigger set especially seems very similar with same style, safety and pin locations, so may not be complete garbage. 

Anyone know the background on the maker? 

5 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

i had the weatherby pump action,sold it a month ago. could not get on with it, never came up right, i was looking at the Alaska pump. its looks like the weatherby,so never went and looked at it.good price 

That's a shame. Still have mine, works well for me but if it ain't right no point keeping it. 

I know the weatherby was made in Turkey so I wonder if the manufacturer has just started flogging the same gun under a different name. 

24 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Weatherby is ATA isn't it ?

Don't think do, as far as I was aware it's an American company still. Its rifles are still made in the US I believe but they shipped the manufacture of their shotguns to Turkey. ATA may have made those under licence? 

Just looked at the Weatherby website and it appears their pump action is discontinued. 

8 hours ago, Lord v said:

Don't think do, as far as I was aware it's an American company still. Its rifles are still made in the US I believe but they shipped the manufacture of their shotguns to Turkey. ATA may have made those under licence? 

Just looked at the Weatherby website and it appears their pump action is discontinued. 

Sorry, it was a bit late last night. 

I've seen various ATA SP shotguns with a Wetherby branding on them is all, just assumed they had purchased the marque.