Dog Breeds - A new one???

Bobba

I've heard of ( but no knowledge of) cross breeds such as Labrador / Poodles = Labradoodles; and, Cocker Spaniel / Poodles = Cockerpoo or Cockerpoodles but friend has acquainted me with a new breed. She is very excited at the new arrival  but I wonder if the breed name she's given it is a fake? The dog is a Fox Terrier / Cocker Spaniel cross which she is calling a " F.o.c.k.e.r".............Really?

incidentally would someone educate me please on the difference between a cross breed and a mongrel. Is it, for example that a cross breed is a mix of two different pure breeds and a mongrel is a mix of two mixed breeds? i.e. A Hienz 57. Thanks.

Edited by Bobba

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

I've heard of ( but no knowledge of) cross breeds such as Labrador / Poodles = Labradoodles; and, Cocker Spaniel / Poodles = Cockerpoo or Cockerpoodles but friend has acquainted me with a new breed. She is very excited at the new arrival  but I wonder if the breed name she's given it is a fake? The dog is a Fox Terrier / Cocker Spaniel cross which she is calling a " F.o.c.k.e.r".............Really?

incidentally would someone educate me please on the difference between a cross breed and a mongrel. Is it, for example that a cross breed is a mix of two different pure breeds and a mongrel is a mix of two mixed breeds? i.e. A Hienz 57. Thanks.

Old boy I used to know called his dog Fokker, I asked did you name the dog after the famous German aeroplane, he said no, its because the little Fokker never does as I tell it.

Ill get my coat…:oops: