Is Browning inflex recoil system any good?

Big Al

I am considering buying another B525. I have looked at 2 Game 1 guns.

One I am looking at is 2014 30" barrels with an inflex pad. 

The other is 2011 28" barrels with the ordinary bakelite pad.

There is £150 between them - as I don't get too excited about barrel length the main difference is the pad so I'm just wondering what anyone thinks of inflex.

Thanks.

I replaced the hard pad on a Winchester Select with an Inflex pad and found it far more comfortable to shoot. Also bear in mind there is likely to be differences in the two guns you're looking at in addition to the butt pads. I believe the later guns will have lighter barrels but someone will be along to confirm this.

Good luck whatever you choose.

29 minutes ago, DaveyTed said:

I replaced the hard pad on a Winchester Select with an Inflex pad and found it far more comfortable to shoot. Also bear in mind there is likely to be differences in the two guns you're looking at in addition to the butt pads. I believe the later guns will have lighter barrels but someone will be along to confirm this.

Good luck whatever you choose.

Thanks. 

The only difference is brought about by the barrel length. The 30" feels much more front heavy. The 28 inch is much more lively. 

But my main gun is a 30" B525 Grade 5 Prestige,  so I'm quite used to the 30 inch.

If you're a standard-ish gun fit for the off the shelf Browning, then I don't see the advantage in going for the inflex version other than having an eye on possible resale. If you are looking to lengthen the LOP then the inflex system is pretty good, two screws to remove and you can add the various off the shelf compatible spacers to suit, which proves very effective and inexpensive to do. So a good system IMO.  

4 hours ago, Uilleachan said:

If you're a standard-ish gun fit for the off the shelf Browning, then I don't see the advantage in going for the inflex version other than having an eye on possible resale. If you are looking to lengthen the LOP then the inflex system is pretty good, two screws to remove and you can add the various off the shelf compatible spacers to suit, which proves very effective and inexpensive to do. So a good system IMO.  

Good advice. Thanks.