Hushpower .410 silencer

steve_b_wales

You will need a BIG spanner and a BIG self tightening pipe wrench to fit it on your barrel. If you dont have the above it will come loose and slip down the barrel and come off as you fire .

When you first fit it .fire a shot and check for slippage .do this for the first 10 shots or so .until your happy its tight enough .

22 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

You will need a BIG spanner and a BIG self tightening pipe wrench to fit it on your barrel. If you dont have the above it will come loose and slip down the barrel and come off as you fire .

When you first fit it .fire a shot and check for slippage .do this for the first 10 shots or so .until your happy its tight enough .

:good:

On 16/04/2019 at 22:39, Ultrastu said:

Agreed, mine suffered with slippage for as while. 

All sorted now on the B/A 410, and it's a wonderfully quiet gun to use around pheasant pens, etc.

I tried the shotgun out this morning and was well impressed. I used 3" magnum cartridges, just to see how good the Hushpower performed, and was very pleased with the results. I realise that less powerful cartridges would be even better.

Also checked to make sure it was still tight on the barrel - everything okay.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

I tried the shotgun out this morning and was well impressed. I used 3" magnum cartridges, just to see how good the Hushpower performed, and was very pleased with the results. I realise that less powerful cartridges would be even better.

Also checked to make sure it was still tight on the barrel - everything okay.

hello, well done steve thanks for posting, 

16 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

does this mod fit any barrel? if so how does it fit please am interested.

hello, i do not think it will fit all  410s but modern ones like the single Baikal  it is ideal, the 9 inch hushpower silencer, there are details on the Saddlery and Gunroom web site and video, looks very straight forward fitting the unit, and quite a difference in noise test,  i would think need to take off fore sight bead, i am sure steve will come back on his post and give some more info, cheers   

1 hour ago, gotgcoalman said:

Silencer comes with adapter's to suit 14,15 or 16 mm barrels.

Unscrewed the business bit.size difference between the .410 and it's 12 counterpart.

IMG_20190420_114457.jpg

2 hours ago, gotgcoalman said:

Silencer comes with adapter's to suit 14,15 or 16 mm barrels.

Unscrewed the business bit.size difference between the .410 and it's 12 counterpart.

IMG_20190420_114457.jpg

thanks for that

53 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Good thing is you can slip the mod and collet down the barrel untill about 50 % is now reflex .and its still as quiet as if the mod is right on the end of the barrel. 

Ps the mod is skinny enough not to change the sight picture significantly  

hello, thanks for that, i might look into a short barrel 410 hammerless and get one of these silencers to use on my friends sheep farm 

27 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Same gun and barrel length 

Obviously the top one is ported 

The bottom one not .it has about 40 % reflex over the barrel .

And is only a touch noiser than the fully modded one @gun and down range 50 yds there is zero difference to be heard 

IMG_20190420_155040.jpg

hello, what make is the bottom 410 it looks like a FALCO ? i can see what you mean on the line of barrel sighting, cheers