682 gold e 32 inch barrels

gemini52

10 hours ago, marktattoo said:

I have a beretta 682 gold e with 30” barrels, I purchased it some years ago when most shops have a vast array of them with 32” barrels, for me personally I had a browning 525 32” barrels I liked the gun but it was a trap gun and was fine when I used to shoot quite a bit of trap, but much prefer a 30” barrel for a sporting o/u just seems to swing a lot better for myself. Everybody to there own but for me 32”+ is a trap gun 

The Italians shoot a lot of Trap and the word is the 30" is king there. 

16 hours ago, gemini52 said:

A mate of mine has a 425 browning elite grade 3 with 28 inch barrels,he has bought a 20 bore so no longer uses it,he said i can have it for 500 quid so had a go with it last week on the clays.i missed very little with it to be honest it just felt right for me.my renewel is going through at the moment so hopefully i will be able pick it up soon,still undecided about the gold e will see how things pan out with the browning.

The 425 is a perfect example of a gun that doesn't suit 32" barrels. It's even muzzle heavy with 30s. I'm not knocking what is a very good gun, simply saying that those thick, heavy barrels with swaged muzzles and invector chokes are far from nimble.

With the Optima barrelled Gold E Beretta started the trend for lighter barrels which everyone, including even Browning and Krieghoff, has copied.

I do a lot of reffing at registered sporting shoots and 32s are virtually the standard length among the competitors - and that includes some very petite ladies. Yes there are some 30s about but they're becoming fewer and fewer.

You don't need to be a 6' 4" rugby player anymore to shoot well with a 32" O/U.