2 days

dad

Had a day on the rape on the new perm saturday its the only place we have been seeing any birds when we arrived there was a lot in the plantation nearest the village where we cant shoot or banger so we decided to put scarecrows 2 of them tight up against the plantation hoping they would think people were in it and then went up the other end and set up after 3 hours and 1 shot i packed up fed up watching them ignore scarecrows and pour into plantation so we decided to have another go today same procedure as before but with the addition of 2 spare rotaries with white cloth streaming up against the trees this seemed to do the trick and a steady stream of birds made their way further up the field and past me to go into the plantation on my left most went straight into the trees but enough were nosy enough to have a look gliding past at 50yds and a few came in properly i moved the pattern in closer to try to draw the lookers a bit closer to no avail i shot poorly too and refused to count the emptys there are 42 in the picture and picked another 6 in the trees should have been 70 really considering how often its shot 48 is not bad i will show a picture of the poor rape.

20190416_172625_compress_40.jpg

20190416_181347_compress_57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect example of the problems that pigeons cause to Britain’s farmers and the reason why they need to be controlled .great job 👍🏻

Just noticed the feed bag on a stick in the field, determined blighters these pigeons, crop seems better nearer the bag but it can’t be that far away from the damaged patch of rape.they can still see the bag from where they are now feeding yet they carry on regardless.