"im mainly......"at it again

ditchman

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Given that African Blackwood (which I think you said it was?) is very hard, is there not a danger of it splitting when you 'tighten' the rivets?

Its looking great.........would be gutting, if the scale splits! 😢

hear what you say..........if you put 2 surfaces together....it dosnt make any differeance if they are together with a tonne pressure or just 2lbs...together is together.........im a real saddo....im facinated by rivets...follow just a few very simple rules...2 of which are 1....dont make the rivets too long...2....dome the heads...............

riverts are like Gabion baskets in civil engineering...on paper they shouldnt be strong enough...but in practice they are way in excess of the strenght required............did you know on the american 30cal and 50cal machine gun the reciever boxes are riveted together ?.........

i just like riverts...nice and tidy ...does the job...

Edited by ditchman

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

hear what you say..........if you put 2 surfaces together....it dosnt make any differeance if they are together with a tonne pressure or just 2lbs...together is together.........im a real saddo....im facinated by rivets...follow just a few very simple rules...2 of which are 1....dont make the rivets too long...2....dome the heads...............

riverts are like Gabion baskets in civil engineering...on paper they shouldnt be strong enough...but in practice they are way in excess of the strenght required............did you know on the american 30cal and 50cal machine gun the reciever boxes are riveted together ?.........

i just like riverts...nice and tidy ...does the job...

I do love a Gabion

6 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

Fat Sarah is the equivalent of four Gabions. Only woman I knew who needed retaining during the no pants dance. Or so you told me ditchy.....

wernt me mate it must have been her latest boyfriend "Jack the Gripper"....

10 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

Fat Sarah is the equivalent of four Gabions. Only woman I knew who needed retaining during the no pants dance. Or so you told me ditchy.....

i was speaking to Jack the gripper last week......he said he had been trying out new positions of passionate lovemaking with fat sarah.............so i asked him what was his latest try out............he said it was totally unplanned and unexpected...........and called it his " i love the smell of napalm in the morning" position

how so i said...........well its like this....you know sarah likes her fags......and she is always worried about not being able to light up......well....she carries a tin of lighter fuel around in her back pocket...to fill the old Ronson up with..........weelllll...the damn thing must have split the can and the stuff leaked down the crack of her bottom....and as she was a' backin' up to the bed in the dark...it caught the backs of her legs on the courner and sat on my face...............hence the phrase "i love the smell of napalm in the morning".......

oh i say..........so why all the cream on and around your eyes then..................

well he say ........ive got bloody thrush now............................

never a dull moment here ..i tell ee................

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i was speaking to Jack the gripper last week......he said he had been trying out new positions of passionate lovemaking with fat sarah.............so i asked him what was his latest try out............he said it was totally unplanned and unexpected...........and called it his " i love the smell of napalm in the morning" position

how so i said...........well its like this....you know sarah likes her fags......and she is always worried about not being able to light up......well....she carries a tin of lighter fuel around in her back pocket...to fill the old Ronson up with..........weelllll...the damn thing must have split the can and the stuff leaked down the crack of her bottom....and as she was a' backin' up to the bed in the dark...it caught the backs of her legs on the courner and sat on my face...............hence the phrase "i love the smell of napalm in the morning".......

oh i say..........so why all the cream on and around your eyes then..................

well he say ........ive got bloody thrush now............................

never a dull moment here ..i tell ee................

Imagine if you’d flicked a fag end in there, be the flaming crevasse of Norfolk. You could have lost your Barnet.

1 minute ago, Duckandswing said:

Imagine if you’d flicked a fag end in there, be the flaming crevasse of Norfolk. You could have lost your Barnet.

more like the Rift valley in africa....where 2 continents are parting :lol:

56 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That knife is one classy old lady 👍

good description..........these sort of knives are like good watches.......this knife was made this way ...not for cutting but to be used for paring.........

like paring off excess hoof on a sheep..

21 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

🙄

your doind a awesome job and I’m just loving how you’re putting life back in the old girl 👍😊

OF

Are you referring to your knife, or Ditchy's nefarious deeds with fat Sarah ?:P

OB

10 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

OF

Are you referring to your knife, or Ditchy's nefarious deeds with fat Sarah ?:P

OB

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Fnar, Fnar!:rolleyes:

nudge_nudge.jpg

46 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

TC, that's gone completely over my head, but being vertically challenged, most things do :lol:

Please elaborate :good:

OB

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

monty python

Chris look up Nudge, nudge wink wink and enjoy some classic British humour!