No pigeons, it must be fishing.

JDog

Hooray, the temperature today rose above 10 degrees for the first time in over two weeks. Sadly it didn't turn the pigeons on so I went fishing. It was a last minute decision so I only had sweetcorn and four slices of white bread pinched from the bread bin.

There was a decent wind blowing along the bank I chose to fish from so my chosen method to start with was floated bread crust fished within 1m of the bank in amongst the rushes. This was successful and in an hour I landed five carp from 4 lbs to 8 lbs until I ran out of bread. Then I changed tactics and fished a single piece of sweetcorn on a small hook and was rewarded with some roach in pristine condition.

I never saw another person in the two hours I was there. Marvellous.

Carp April 19.jpg

Pond April 19.jpg

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Hooray, the temperature today rose above 10 degrees for the first time in over two weeks. Sadly it didn't turn the pigeons on so I went fishing. It was a last minute decision so I only had sweetcorn and four slices of white bread pinched from the bread bin.

There was a decent wind blowing along the bank I chose to fish from so my chosen method to start with was floated bread crust fished within 1m of the bank in amongst the rushes. This was successful and in an hour I landed five carp from 4 lbs to 8 lbs until I ran out of bread. Then I changed tactics and fished a single piece of sweetcorn on a small hook and was rewarded with some roach in pristine condition.

I never saw another person in the two hours I was there. Marvellous.

Carp April 19.jpg

Pond April 19.jpg

Looks fantastic with a lot of really good quality fish.. I spent most of my childhood beside the river or pond but seldom/never caught carp of that quality..something else to see that floating crust being sucked in,  Was one of my favourite methods for chub in the river...:good:

20 minutes ago, washerboy said:

A well known match venue in North Lincolnshire was renowned for its big tench. 6lb fish could be had on the float, fishing among reed and lilly pad lined pegs. Sadly it was bought and turned into a fancy match lake and the ponds are know known for large weights of carp. 

you can keep your large weights of carp , give me a day on the tench  anyday,