Afternoon on barley

dad

after a good day on rape yesterday we didnt know what to do today we didnt fancy going back on the rape again not untill the weekend at least and 2 or 3 weeks till the soya goes in so we put 2 dead birds and some shells that i have had good results with in the past in the car and went for a look around not expecting to shoot but show our faces on some farms that we have not been to for a while i didnt take dead birds because it was hot and sunny and not expecting to shoot didnt want them to spoil.we hadnt gone half a mile out of the village and i noticed a fresh brown field, whith the bins i could see plenty of pigeons on it and its one of our perms, but only one place for a hide so we decided to give it a go 2 in the hide which we dont usually do (my mate was supposed to have packed up smoking 2 years ago and i know he hasnt but he doesnt know i know so he goes off on his own for a crafty one) we set up with the rotary and 10 shells and downed the first 10 for 11 shots then the birds started to favour the other end of the field we kept drawing the odd bird in but with 200 live birds up the other end it was a struggle at times fortunately footpath traffick kept lifting them  and some would decoy to us. We packed at 5 with 47 picked and 6 lost in some tall rape. Not bad for 3 and a half hours unexpected.

20190417_163044_compress_28.jpg

1 hour ago, Spr1985 said:

Nicely done!  As for sneaking off for a crafty one 😂🤣  how many times did that happen over the day 

3 times he went off looking for wounded birds smelled of mints when he came back