cheap & tasty food

ditchman

couldnt be bottomed to spend a load of time at the cooker today....but wanted something tasty...soooooooooooooooo................

...........bought the following........

1. one tin Stag chile concarni...(its gluten free)
  2. one tin of them chile beans
  3. one sweet pepper (green)
  4. one onion
  5. one tomatoe
  6. 2 tea spoonfuls of lazy chile (hot)

chopped up 3...4...5... fried with lazy chile..in plenty of oil......drained and washed beans and put half a tin in the  frying mix.......put half a tin of stag in the mix...fried and then added a bit of water brought to the boil then simmer for 20 mins ..turn off cooker and leave for this evening

put the rest of the beans in the half empty can of stag and into the freezer for next time

will serve with mexican rice later

cheap an' tasty.............and quick:good:

I'd have made the whole batch and then set half aside for the freezer. Saves yourself the cooking time next time around, only needs heating in a pan or microwave while the rice is cooking.

Sounds very tasty, a nice chilled gluten free lager to wash it down with.

i did think of that to be fair.........but my trouble is i have done it to other stuff before ...bag it up.....then bag up some more stuff...........then when i go to the freezer i havnt a clue what im looking at :lol:.............

so i thought "stuff that".......and put the rest of the beans in the half full can of stag.......then the damn thing has a label on it for future referance..........and im cutting down on my plastic waste by not putting it in a bag...........

how cool is that eh :good: