Extinction Rebellion

WestonSalop

Climate Change = Solar Cycles - How conceited are humans to believe we are responsible for a planetary change which has happened, is happening and wil happen whether or not humans are present. The suns out put varies over time and the earths orbit varies over time, between the two these account for virtually every temperature cycle in the last few million years (bar any comet impacts or volcanic activity etc). We have just come out of a little ice age and about to enter into a Maunder minimum (cooling) due to sun output declining with the sun spot cycle waning.

gisp-last-10000-new.png

CO2 is insignificant (effectively noise in the system), if you compresssed all the atmosphere to liquid it would form a band of liquid around the earth 10m thick, and therefore CO2 would be a band approximately 0.41cm and  as the average ocean depth is 3700m (which is you spread out evenly on the surface similar to Co2 would still be 2500m deep.) Which one is capturing and holding more heat?

Co2 is breathed out by the human body at 40000 to 50000ppm, and onlystarts to become toxic at 2000ppm and we could never reach this level as if all fuels sources were burned we would only hit about 800ppm.

Now saying the above, making better use of resources should be everyones goal (it saves money and or effort), but the direction the 'eco terrorists' take is always with an agenda which suits them and is nearly always hypocritical to limit others.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, islandgun said:

My wife who sometimes has a gift of putting her finger on it and after watching these protesters on tv said that "its a sunny day and they have nothing better to do"...... fair enough i thought

They feel like they’re trying to save the planet.

That would fit the definition of ‘nothing better to do ....’

8 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Climate Change = Solar Cycles - How conceited are humans to believe we are responsible for a planetary change which has happened, is happening and wil happen whether or not humans are present. The suns out put varies over time and the earths orbit varies over time, between the two these account for virtually every temperature cycle in the last few million years (bar any comet impacts or volcanic activity etc). We have just come out of a little ice age and about to enter into a Maunder minimum (cooling) due to sun output declining with the sun spot cycle waning.

gisp-last-10000-new.png

CO2 is insignificant (effectively noise in the system), if you compresssed all the atmosphere to liquid it would form a band of liquid around the earth 10m thick, and therefore CO2 would be a band approximately 0.41cm and  as the average ocean depth is 3700m (which is you spread out evenly on the surface similar to Co2 would still be 2500m deep.) Which one is capturing and holding more heat?

Co2 is breathed out by the human body at 40000 to 50000ppm, and onlystarts to become toxic at 2000ppm and we could never reach this level as if all fuels sources were burned we would only hit about 800ppm.

Now saying the above, making better use of resources should be everyones goal (it saves money and or effort), but the direction the 'eco terrorists' take is always with an agenda which suits them and is nearly always hypocritical to limit others.

Yes, but then how would they (governments) make money from that.

Edited by Newbie to this

18 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

They feel like they’re trying to save the planet.

That would fit the definition of ‘nothing better to do ....’

Im 100% behind people who want to improve things, in fact it behoves us all to leave the place in a better condition when we leave..[ I have made a business on very low impact produce] .. do i think blocking roads and glueing yourself to corbyns house is going to improve things ? then no, Is jetting in from america or travelling in from cornwall going to help ?  no. do i think half of them would have been there if it was peeing down with rain ? no.. Go plant some trees,  eat home grown food, dont use plastic, reduce energy use.. put back more than you take

I read recently that 99.9% of all the species that have ever lived are extinct. In the grand scheme of things, humans have only been on earth for the blink of an eye, so I've long believed that there is a certain inevitability about it.........

Maybe, as far as planet Earth goes, our extinction would be a return to normality ? "Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception" as I heard someone say recently..........

I still struggle with the idea that co2 is bad, when all life on earth is based on carbon, plants grow better with higher co2 and temperatures that's why green houses are heated and co2 is pumped in, plus they are more resistant to drought. The romans seemed to do ok with a warmer temperature as did the people that built Notre Dame, and who thinks that the first humans would have done so well if Africa had a temperature like Scotland.

Saying that we should try to cut the amount of fossil fuel we us to make what we have last longer 

Plastic and chemical pollution is another thing that we can and should be doing something about

1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

I read recently that 99.9% of all the species that have ever lived are extinct. In the grand scheme of things, humans have only been on earth for the blink of an eye, so I've long believed that there is a certain inevitability about it.........

Maybe, as far as planet Earth goes, our extinction would be a return to normality ? "Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception" as I heard someone say recently..........

Thats it really. we are just a part of the planets life,  the same as everything else,  we are doing what every other spp would like to do,  i.e,  procreate really well and dominate, we will quickly die out due to our own excesses and something else will take over.. the planet will adapt and continue. no one is saving the planet.. the best we can do is improve things as much as we are able. and be glad to have lived..

[so ends this sundays sermon.😉]

23 minutes ago, oowee said:

Hopefully the rest of the population can work together to try and save what we have. 

Good luck with that, you're going to need it.

I'm not denying the climate is changing, ( and never have ) only very sceptical that it is man made. I'm not suggesting we shouldn't do what we can to recycle and diminish our use of consumables or energy either, but the suggestion that we will or can do anything to reverse the current trend is simply ridiculous and naive beyond belief. 

But I also have absolutely no doubt that schemes will be proposed and implemented which will entail taxing some people out of the type of vehicle they prefer to drive ( this is already ongoing ) and other taxes to impact on us even more; and when this proves to be of no avail they will tax us more and implement other schemes by which to impede in our day to day lives. None of this will have any effect on those who can afford it however. Sorted. 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

For the non believers out there take your time to read this and the back ground materials. 

Too hot.

If you are still not convinced and would rather ignore the issue then so be it. Hopefully the rest of the population can work together to try and save what we have. 

You are either a troll or a hypocrite of the highest order! Your trying to convince people to 'do their bit' but you won't 'do your bit' unless the government forces you to. Holier than thou springs to mind.....

Edited by stumfelter

17 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

You are either a troll or a hypocrite of the highest order! Your trying to convince people to 'do their bit' but you won't 'do your bit' unless the government forces you to. Holier than thou springs to mind.....

? Very few of us do anything like enough and will not until we are required to. 

i dont fall for this global warning stuff....(i have my own scientific reasons)......................but im really glad that the eco people have...because at the very least it has made people think about the bloody awful ammont of waste we generate....and the way we litter the planet with man made rubbish........it is a very dirty habit.....

when i used to travel the motorways and see stuff being thrown out of cars and lorries it makes my blood boil..........and also the unnessasary waste the supermarkets generate..

so if the eco terrorists gain nothing else except being able us to think twice about how we live then they are doing a good job...cause the govt dosnt care.....they just tax us and say they do thats why they green tax us............

Edited by ditchman

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i dont fall for this global warning stuff....(i have my own scientific reasons)......................but im really glad that the eco people have...because at the very least it has made people think about the bloody awful ammont of waste we generate....and the way we litter the planet with man made rubbish........it is a very dirty habit.....

when i used to travel the motorways and see stuff being thrown out of cars and lorries it makes my blood boil..........and also the unnessasary waste the supermarkets generate..

so if the eco terrorists gain nothing else except being able us to think twice about how we live then they are doing a good job...cause the govt dosnt care.....they just tax us and say they do thats why they green tax us............

If the photos that have appeared on fb are real then it would look like the eco terrorists don't give a **** about the environment around them!

11 minutes ago, bluesj said:

If the photos that have appeared on fb are real then it would look like the eco terrorists don't give a **** about the environment around them!

I suspect many of the participants are the same individuals who were on the Occupy London  'anti Capitalist' demonstrations by St Paul's 2011/2012, and very probably their organisers were also involved in Grunwick, Greenham Common, Aldermarston, miners strikes and the various other generally 'anti establishment' demonstrations that have happened.  When doing 'flying picket' duty, they were known as 'rent a mob'.

I don't think the 'underlying cause' is of any great significance to them - they just wish to disrupt our 'civilised' society, make fools of our law and order and attack the 'establishment'.

I doubt many of them actually do anything useful in contributing to society as a whole, but no doubt wish to have their free benefits, NHS, children's education etc. that the rest of us have to pay for.  Just like they happily fly about the world, drink from throw away plastic bottles etc.

Basically what would have been called anarchists in other times.

How did they travel there ?

I hope it was by foot .

Do they use gas and electric?

Do they have cars?

Are there cloths produced in polluting countries worse than ours?

Our Government charges levees to reduce our waste emissions i try my best to reduce what i buy but dont produce large costs to all by my actions.

How much fueland fumes has this cost the planet in traffic stand still and movement of policing  

5 minutes ago, rusty50 said:

How did they travel there ?

I hope it was by foot .

Do they use gas and electric?

Do they have cars?

Are there cloths produced in polluting countries worse than ours?

Our Government charges levees to reduce our waste emissions i try my best to reduce what i buy but dont produce large costs to all by my actions.

How much fueland fumes has this cost the planet in traffic stand still and movement of policing  

and more importantly do they wash often enough

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I suspect many of the participants are the same individuals who were on the Occupy London  'anti Capitalist' demonstrations by St Paul's 2011/2012, and very probably their organisers were also involved in Grunwick, Greenham Common, Aldermarston, miners strikes and the various other generally 'anti establishment' demonstrations that have happened.  When doing 'flying picket' duty, they were known as 'rent a mob'.

I don't think the 'underlying cause' is of any great significance to them - they just wish to disrupt our 'civilised' society, make fools of our law and order and attack the 'establishment'.

I doubt many of them actually do anything useful in contributing to society as a whole, but no doubt wish to have their free benefits, NHS, children's education etc. that the rest of us have to pay for.  Just like they happily fly about the world, drink from throw away plastic bottles etc.

Basically what would have been called anarchists in other times.

I suspect you are right! Many of these sheople are just that, weekend anti establishment anarchists..........they see themselves as freedom fighters and class warriors fighting for the rights of an oppressed majority!

I believe the majority of anti fieldsports "warriors" are in it, not to protect wildlife............but to stop others (those they despise as priveledged members of a despised establishment) enjoying it!

Just now, panoma1 said:

I believe the majority of anti fieldsports "warriors" are in it, not to protect wildlife............but to stop others (those they despise as priveledged members of a despised establishment) enjoying it!

There will be a considerable 'overlap' between Extinction Rebellion and LACS.

On 17/04/2019 at 22:36, Vince Green said:

Yes and South Wales was the same, even the rivers ran black, but its not like that now, and neither is the black country. Humans produce 50 times more CO2 than all the vehicles in the world just by breathing.

To reduce CO2 and all the other problems we need to reduce the human population which has quadrupled in my lifetime.

Any suggestions on how we go about that would be very interesting because that is the issue no politician would even dare to mention.

Pessimistic possibly - but maybe nature will 'win' in the end by forcing a drop in human population through inadequate food and water.

It is obvious really - there are just way too many humans on the planet.

Entitled , overindulged, hypocrites, the modern day swampy, armed with a virtue signal, and dodgy moral compass.

:lol:...:good:

Heard 750 ish arrested, anyone know what the outcome was at court.?

£1000 sounds about right, keep doubling it every time they are arrested, give daddy a bill to pay....