Coffee

Walker570

Does anyone on here drink the garbage sold at Starbucks?  I purchased some coffee at a Starbucks in Maine, USA a few years ago and drank about three sips, it was horrible. Never been in a place since...however..on the way to look at a new shoot a couple of days ago and had a yearning for a black coffee.  Pulled in at the service station and the only coffee available was Starbucks so my wife ordered two cups, black.  We sat down and I took a sip, yuk !!  She took a sip and her face coiled up. Now at home we drink strength six Morrisons own brand, a nice coffee, so we are used to strong coffee but this was horrible AND the two cups cost £6.  The quality has obviously not changed in the intervening years.  I looked to buy a small square of chocolate cake ..2 inches by 2 inches and 1/2 inch thick .. had a sudden loss of appetite when i saw the price £2..95 !!! 

Edited by Walker570

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Scully said:

Instant has to be Nescafe Gold Blend; the real macoy is usually Lavazza. Costa is just poop; never been in a starbucks. 

+1 for lavazza 

At the moment Im using Lidl Columbian blend (big gold packet) its dirt cheap and excellent.

Never been a fan of Starbucks and even less of a fan of the prices and the people lining up for their coconut lattes. Instant for us is Kenco and bean to cup is Taylors strength 4.

For a quick cup while I'm out and about, McDonalds coffee has got a lot better in recent years.

Starbucks roast is mild and their coffee is weak. Had my first Starbucks in years from a drive through. I asked for a  flat white with an extra shot and it was just about okay.  The last time I threw the drink away and didn't go for years.

Never had a starbucks or been into a costa.

Had a coffe in france once that tasted like old tyres.

At home it's either nescaff or ronco instamatic OR the tassimo tar machine (ironically costa ameranicano pods used)

Prefer my coffee luke warm as I don't take milk (rubbish digestive sysyem)

If I went into one of these coffee emporiums how would I ask for a" black coffee" (is this now classed as being racist?)

Just now, gotgcoalman said:

Never had a starbucks or been into a costa.

Had a coffe in france once that tasted like old tyres.

At home it's either nescaff or ronco instamatic OR the tassimo tar machine (ironically costa ameranicano pods used)

Prefer my coffee luke warm as I don't take milk (rubbish digestive sysyem)

If I went into one of these coffee emporiums how would I ask for a" black coffee" (is this now classed as being racist?)

Yes of course it is, you ask for a coffee without milk!

Americano is a large black coffee. If I ask for a black coffee and someone gets uppity I'd give them the full hairdryer treatment. Black coffee is just that black. Sod all to do with race.

I drink Nespresso virtuo pods in strongest they do.

If I'm forced to buy instant it's a barista coffee like lavazza or Kenco Milicano or Nescafé Azera intenso.

Costa coffee with three shots of espresso is about the best of a bad bunch if your out and about.

I watched that cowboy coffee on you tube other day. Stewed coffee no thanks it ends up tasting foisty. Yuk. Like a coffee maker when the jug has sat hot for a clue of hours. Fresh is best with a creamy top mmmm tasty.

Edited by figgy

I quite like a moccofrapalatterocdajino must have marshmallows floating on it and cinnamon powder sprinkled over the top. A bargain at £18. 

Give me a Nescafe gold blend any day rather than the pretentious overpriced dishwater starbucks and costa serve up.

I have drunk a lot of cowboy coffee when up in the Rockies sleeping under canvas and it is pretty good when made right. That is how we earned to make coffee and not drink instant.

I would be more than happy to drink a cup of Kents coffee. He can cook up a pretty awesome breakfast as well.

001.JPG

Never had a Starsucks or a Costa packet.

And a coffee is probably the only thing I'd buy from McD's.

A few years ago I was working in an empty house and across the road was a petrol station/convenience store, went in for a Costa and for the same money as a large coffee I got enough good tea coffee and suger to make my drinks all week, plus 2 small milks. 

Why do people bother. 

Also if any one looked at me all funny and uttered the words "ahh, you don't know what a flat white is", I'd ask them if they knew the difference between a King post truss and a Queen post truss, or what the minium csa is for the Earth Bonding of incoming services to a domestic residence is, or does a plastic water main need Bonding, or how would they go about setting up a 3 centered arch and building a former for it. 

Just make my bloody coffee you condescending twit.