Coffee

Walker570

6 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

Coffee you big girls blouses it’s gotta be tea for me not tea bags either just dust in them  proper tea leaves in a proper teapot filter through a strainer and into  a good old china cup or mug  mmmmm

I was a Tea fanatic until about a year ago, i had a chest and sinus infection at the same time, the taste of tea just made me want to chuck, so i drank coffee which was ok, i still enjoy the odd cup of tea now but coffee has taken over as my main drink.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, norfolk dumpling said:

McD Latte if I'm out - good value too but at home Yorkshire tea. And leaf not bags.

We use Yorkshire leaf tea too. I make it in a double walled stainless steel cafetiere. The advantage is no need for a tea strainer, it keeps warm till needed or a second cup. You can make as little or as much as you want up to the 1 litre size it is and the tea still infuses. That is unlike most infuser tea pots where the infuser doesn't go to the bottom of the pot so if you only want 1 cup you still have to fill it higher than you need to reach the infuser.

It is a lot nicer and better flavour than teabags. The residue rots down properly in the compost heap unlike a lot of teabags which either aren't paper or use glue which doesn't compost.

Surprisingly it works out cheaper per cup than teabags too. I worked out Yorkshire tea 80 teabags per cup against a 250g pack of Yorkshire tea and the amount we put in the cafetiere per person. The tea bags worked out at 3.7p per cup with one tea bag and the leaf tea at 3.1p per cup. The leaf tea gave a stronger flavour tea at that too. To get the same strengh tea you needed to use 2 teabags, so its even cheaper if you like strong tea.

5 hours ago, Muddy Funker said:

I use a chemex with pour over kettle.

Buy raw beans from ebay, different varieties most times.

Roast them in popcorn popper in the evening for the following morning, grind just before using.

I've never had such good coffee, others normally agree. Fresh is best.

home roasting is becoming very popular plenty of good little roasters on the market we seem to be selling more raw beans this last two years

2 hours ago, hawkeye said:

+1

I found the Tassimo too sweet even the less sweetened one's, sinse I got my been to cup machine I've never looked back as you can fine tune it to your own taste, sat here now in the sun after chopping a load of straw at the farm with a very nice latte. 

On 20/04/2019 at 16:33, treetree said:

Invest £20 in a moka pot. Makes the best coffee by far. Take a little gas burner out with you too and you can have fresh coffee anywhere. Just make sure the coffee you buy is suitable for moka pots. 

Yup, and for a longer drink use a cafetiere. 

Coffee blends and brands are a matter of personal taste, but Starbucks has always tasted like they burn the beans. 

I always use the Italian Espresso Roast beans from Happy Donkey website. We tried many different bean suppliers and  these are the ones that both me and my wife agreed on. I grind them fresh for each coffee in an Iberital MC2 grinder and make the coffee in a La Pavoni Europiccola. 

12 hours ago, Sussexboy said:

I always use the Italian Espresso Roast beans from Happy Donkey website. We tried many different bean suppliers and  these are the ones that both me and my wife agreed on. I grind them fresh for each coffee in an Iberital MC2 grinder and make the coffee in a La Pavoni Europiccola. 

la pavoni make some of the best leavers machines on the market really are excellent