Wireless house alarm

steve_b_wales

Texecom, they are quite expensive but their ricochet wireless technology is brilliant. Their tech support will also support the end user not just trade.

Use their SmartCom wifi unit to connect to the apps and get notifications.

In my opinion stay well away from the Yale systems, spend the extra money and buy professional.

Edited by Newbie to this

52 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Texecom, they are quite expensive but their ricochet wireless technology is brilliant. Their tech support will also support the end user not just trade.

Use their SmartCom wifi unit to connect to the apps and get notifications.

In my opinion stay well away for the Yale systems, spend the extra money and buy professional.

Agree

fitted a few of the texecom wireless simples

21 minutes ago, Neverforget said:

Agree

fitted a few of the texecom wireless simples

Yeah, their manuals are pretty good and an added bonus they are a British company too. We use Texecom all the time at work, and in my opinion their ricochet wireless technology is second to none. Each device you add adds distance to the wireless network because all devices talk to each other.

Edited by Newbie to this

Visonic, works for me. I have had one for 3 Years, just replaced the batteries in the siren box for the first time. Easy to install, program and never misses a beat, Installed two myself with my son in law. Just moving house and purchased the new kit for my new house. £635 all in delivered. It’ll take a couple of hours to install. 

2 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Depends on your budget.

Above is obviously top choice but I bought 100 cheap Yale ones a good number of years ago and I know loads that are still going strong and in ever had any issues with the ones that we fitted.

Cheap and cheerful.

Edd

I put the same "screwfix special" yale one up to appease the police last renewal.

No problems with it in the 18 months or so it's been up.

10 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

I put the same "screwfix special" yale one up to appease the police last renewal.

No problems with it in the 18 months or so it's been up.

Me too .Yale autodialer, all I had to add was one pet friendly PIR , Even managed to use the spare normal PIR for

the Garage. Alarm rings me within 20 seconds if activated and I can turn it off by pressing 9 on my phone.

hard wired for me I am afraid  the house and workshop arm or disarm from either or split and arm one or the other   the guy that fitted for me when he really has too he uses wireless with hard wired  other than that hard wired he has less callouts warranty issues  a lot to do with distance between sensors  also wifi hub and boiler wireless controls affecting signals a bit like being at a game fayre your mobile doesn't work because of the tannoy system